Quote + Invoice Templates

peekaboo

Hey Guys,

I have been thinking for a while about the templates we use in our studio and I have to admit I don't like them, so was wondering what software people use for there invoices and quotes etc. Im trying to find efficient ways to do it.

Any examples of what kind of layout you use would be great to give me a heads up?

Cheers

Brett

Hi Brett,

I recently picked up a copy of QuickBooks Simple Start, it's a general small business bookkeeping package and was recommended to me by a good friend. Whilst it's not the most comprehensive piece of software available, for the price and spec it was right for me. You can modify the invoice templates to an extent, and they look OK, but I got it more for the ease of keeping track of all my invoices and expenses (was previously doing this manually with InDesign>PDF invoices and Excel spreadsheets). It's also good in that you can setup client records and set rates so it makes things quicker in the long run.

If you want to see the invoice setup I have using this system drop me a PM and I'll e-mail an example PDF invoice over :)

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Greg,

Hmm yeah since I started I have done it manually, but yeah if you don't mind an example would be great!

What have you done for quotes/proposals?

Brett

I used to make a special thing for quotes / proposals.. used to make one off envelopes and all sorts of silly things :) cost a bit but i seemed to get the job from it :)

Hi Brett,

Just e-mailed one to you now, as for quotes/proposals I usually just have the main details in e-mails, then if it needs to go in-depth I'll use my letterhead setup in InDesign and export as a PDF to attach to the e-mail/s.

Greg

Back