Question about my brand name.

Landon Stark

I recently decided to look into making my own t-shirt business. Using my initials I thought the brand name "L.S.D", standing for Landon Stark Design. I thought the name would be funny, but would it be considered a bad decision on the marketing side of things? Could it potentially limit my audience? Being as new as they come, I don't want to start my limiting myself simply because of my brand name.

Hmmm? I think it's hard to tell out of context.

What kind of brand it it?
What sort of customers?
What sort of designs?

Naming and branding your label is pretty key.
I've been doing the same thing recently and I've had a few sleepless nights thinking about it.

Obviously there's the drug connotations that people will think of.
That could work really well but not of it's not the right thing for your target audience/customer.

I don't mind it personally.

I'm sat tripping my tits off right now as I type. ;)

"ELEPHANT!"

Presumably there may be some connection with GoT perceived.

You could just start off with

L.S.D.
Landon Stark Design

It could be worse, he could be called Lannister!

I just thought Stark Designs would be good for a t-shirt company?

Well done guys hahaha, very good. Can always count on good humour on these forums :ROFLMAO: funny stuff.

You wanna buy some shit Carl?
I got it all.
Tabs, weed, hash, pills.

Name your poison mate!

Good prices for forum members. (Sniff) ;)

You wanna buy some shit Carl?
I got it all.
Tabs, weed, hash, pills.

Name your poison mate!

Good prices for forum members. (Sniff) ;)

That's old 'skool', I'm after the new design, you know, I want that Spacebar, that Kerning, hell I'd even go for some Sans Serif!

That's old 'skool', I'm after the new design, you know, I want that Spacebar, that Kerning, hell I'd even go for some Sans Serif!

Ahh, right!
Yuppie type eh?

Tell you what. As I know you I could do you some Negative Space but be warned, it's pretty heavy shit! ;)

One of my kids told me some of the kids down the skate park were doing the Fibonacci Sequence and the Golden Ratio. :eek:

I feel so old. :(

I recently decided to look into making my own t-shirt business. Using my initials I thought the brand name "L.S.D", standing for Landon Stark Design. I thought the name would be funny, but would it be considered a bad decision on the marketing side of things? Could it potentially limit my audience? Being as new as they come, I don't want to start my limiting myself simply because of my brand name.

You weren't even a little bit tempted to go with 'Stark Industries'?

Back