Question about logo

crow84

Hi, I have question about logo. My friend created company, we got logo and usually I have to put that logo on various photos, but problem is if I put logo on photo which has dark background it can't be seen well. I can change colors to bright ones and put that way, but then it will be readable barely on photos with bright backgrounds. My main question is, what to do: Make that logo so that it can be readable in all kind of photos (applying various effects on logo) or is it okay if I create few versions of that logo, like bright version and dark version and use them accordingly on photos? Is this okay? Does companies change colors of their logo if photo background isn't perfect for original logo?

It's very common and advisable to have a few variants of a logo for this very reason.

One of the reasons it's best to make a logo that will work in one colour as a silhouette with light/dark versions to use on different backgrounds.

It's very common and advisable to have a few variants of a logo for this very reason.

One of the reasons it's best to make a logo that will work in one colour as a silhouette with light/dark versions to use on different backgrounds.
Thx for reply. Then I will make few versions of logo with different colors.

No worries.

If you Google "logo, style guide" you'll see what I mean.
Companies pay a fortune for style guides so it's deffo best practice. :)

Do to such reason that's why a professional logo needs to be versatile .The category of logo you want to develop matters too e.g is it a wordmark, combination mark, letter mark or symbols etc.But It's advisable to create multiple versions such as the reversed and the black & white version as they will serve for various purpose.

Hello crow84, if it’s possible to make a readable logo which is appropriate in all photos, then try to make it. I think it's the best choice for the company. Otherwise, create some variants of the logo.

Back