Put up or shut up

berry

I've been on DF for a while since the early stages and with a bucketful of national and international creative awards over the space of 30 odd years, kinda think I know how to walk the walk, and I say what I speak - which is not to everyones taste! I have no problem advising and helping people out as I know the mistakes and pitfalls as I've done them at my cost myself. But....

Can you walk the walk? Or are you just talk?

Double dare time - and I say this to any student/graduate/creative/interviewee....

.... If you could only show ONE piece of work.....What is it?

This will either be the shortest, longest or forum moderated thread...

If I was judged by one project, rather than piece, it would be this. Gentlemen and Ladies I offer you, Mike Borgia's "Live or Die You Won't Be Lonely"

Digital Artwork, there is a physical one, but it is a tiny run of 100:

SleeveLayout-DW23copy2.jpg

Instead of just buying a digital download, you got to buy a lovely magazine and the digital download is free.

photocopy-1.jpg

photo1copy.jpg

photo2copy.jpg

photo4copy.jpg

photo8copy.jpg

photo7copy.jpg

photo6copy.jpg

photo5copy.jpg

I didn't make the left page artwork, bar one page. But the rest was all me, I did the cover art, laid out the entire magazine, I am really happy with the result, and I am really excited to finally get one! It went in the post today.

They liked the cover art enough for it to be turned into a shirt!

148726_10150320591040626_593840625_15809659_1213971_n.jpg

Not the best photo again...

I did a poster for the release show:

draft.jpg

And a playbill for the show.

Untitled-2copy.jpg

I am genuinely gutted, considering the time difference, that I am not at the show, its going on right now!

I really like this magazine, particularly the fact that, though there is a consistency throughout, most pages seem to have their own identity. :clap:

I guess mine would still be Piano Hero Junior (beta). Although I've probably come along a bit since then in terms of design, it's still a project that I'm particularly proud of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7bjx0xl948&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - Piano Hero Junior (beta) HD[/ame]

df61b66b0485463755fbe487bd59fbc8.jpg

ummmmm I'm not sure what I can show due to nda's......

If it was something I can show on my website it would likely be this (but higher quality render) although I've done 'better' work which I can't show
test2.png

although I have to admit I do quite like the work I did for the drunken goose competition too.....

photocopy-2.jpg

I forgot to add that! I realise it isn't exactly like the artwork, but it matches his other piece on his arm.

This is my one piece (but it's cheating because it's lots of pieces under the same banner).

I only recently got the nod to be able to share this with everyone, which I'm very glad about. This is a Hot Rod Clothing brand that I started with a printer friend of mine. We've been going for over a year now, and new designs are due to be added soon.

Piston – Original Hotrod Clothing

Many thanks to Andy (TBWCF) who helped us out so much in the beginning, taking the turd that was my original web-design and helping to polish it beyond recognition!

I'm proud of the whole body of work, t-shirt designs, website and everything else that's sprung from it. But if I had to choose one design out of the lot I guess it'd be this one:
CONROD.jpg

Someone's got Sega on the brain!

Weird how everyone spots something different in a design. That's why design is so cool, and so difficult!

Its really nice.... but when I looked at it to see what "I saw" in it, couldnt help but notice the cock and balls at the bottom :D .... bit worrying that.

What a claim to fame that would be! I have designed suspiciously erotic rawshack(correct spelling anyone?) test!

*rorschach

Be interested to hear your thoughts on the site/designs, Mike. I know you're a t-shirt guy. PM me if you don't want to de-rail this thread (though I suspect that's too late :) )

Hmm, having just ready this thread Im certainly not gonna make my decision fast! Similarly to some others nda's of some of my most recent works make this a little bit harder for me.

Out of interest Berry, what would YOU show? ;)

philjohns said:
Hmm, having just ready this thread Im certainly not gonna make my decision fast! Similarly to some others nda's of some of my most recent works make this a little bit harder for me.

Out of interest Berry, what would YOU show? ;)
armadillo, the company lol

Fair! although even the Armadillo website has SOME things that I don't like/dont work ;)

(I hope B isn't listening/reading/spying/plotting/getting revenge...)

Back