Purely because I have too much time on my hands…

just added a hit for this month :p

Is it so narrow because its using the iphone layout?

Levi said:
just added a hit for this month :p

Is it so narrow because its using the iphone layout?

Harry said:
Why so skinny? Just optimal line length innit. The ideal line length for any body of text on the web is between 52–78 characters. This sits at a cosy 68.

:) that would be why

The narrowness annoys me, but I also see that making it wider will result in 2 lines of text each. Also, all of the posts sort of blend together.

Some good tips though. Short, descriptive, some of them basic but nonetheless important, especially for new developers. For me, the most helpful ones so far are 'Clear floats the clean way' and 'Remember this quote' :lol:

Good tips, with teaching myself I certainly will keep coming back to them.
*bookmarks*

nice one Harry :) will forward that to a mate of mine who lectures Web coding in London :)

LOL @ Harry :) well it might be a useful resource for him :) LOL

Haha it's all over the shop. Nothing annoys me more than people trying to tell others how to write their code lol.

Theres no harm in direction, but to change how you right your own code (layout wise, not semantics wise) is abit silly.

I won't ever write css in alphabetical order, that's for sure :p

renniks said:
Theres no harm in direction, but to change how you right your own code (layout wise, not semantics wise) is abit silly.

I won't ever write css in alphabetical order, that's for sure :p

Damn right! Alphabetic CSS is the most ridiculous thing ever! Width and height go x,y, so why write it y,x in your CSS? Madness.

Back