Purely because I have too much time on my hands…

one of my favourites is 'Keep stylesheets out of cache when developing/presenting websites' - I've had issues with ie before with Ajax in a similar respect (was sposed to show a random page but ie kept caching so had to trick it).

not sure on the "beware z-index" - never had many issues myself but I'm sure you have your reasons :)

The z-index one was one from the other day. Three elements with z-index:500; z-index:1000; and z-index:1500; respectively didn't work. Changing it to z-index:1; z-index:5; and z-index:50; did work. There are just some inexplicable funky issues with it.

Harry said:
The z-index one was one from the other day. Three elements with z-index:500; z-index:1000; and z-index:1500; respectively didn't work. Changing it to z-index:1; z-index:5; and z-index:50; did work. There are just some inexplicable funky issues with it.

:( I see...

The css caching I always go a different way with TBH to stop things like that happening.
That's file numbering.
So once the site is done for the first time ~

css/1.0.css

Then when you make even 1 change or a series of amendments in that file it then becomes ~

css/1.1.css

New file new download and everyone's happy, but it is a good point none-the-less. :)

@Tbwcf

You can get creative and only stop/not allow that 1 script not to cache that way you allow the others to and your improving server and page performance as well. :)

Jaz

Ah right, more a versioning system then. That's not a bad shout :)
Though I can't see myself using it, it's definitely an option.

Add more spacing at the bottom of the inner files, I don't know just something not right about it to crowded appearance maybe.

So:

root
|------directory
-----------|
-----------|-----------file
-----------|
|------directory
-----------|
-----------|

Does that explain it better?
Probably not, lol.

I thought of a good quick tip yesterday but I forgot to tweet it to you and now I can't remember what it was :confused:

HippySunshine said:
Question:
How did you get the round edged backgrouns on your hover?
x

Code:
-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;border-radius:3px;

Back