Pull up Banners

ston3master

I don't know if this is the right topic, if not please move it. So I'm working for a company as a freelancer and I have to make a design to put on a Pull Up Banner, that being the company.
Has any on you made desings for something like this? I usually work for smaller items like t -shirts, mugs, badges. How big should the digital image be for a pull up banner?
Thank you

You want to use vector for this sort of larger work (ie: Illustrator or Indesign - personally i'd go for indesign) and find out the dimensions form your printers. I think they are usually something like 2000mm (height) by 600mm (width) but you'll need to check that.
keep the design simple and straight to the point. Make sure it's legible from a distance and make the typography is nicely laid out- but remember to use high res photos (if you are going to use photos)

If you have questions or want people to critique your work, just upload it here and i'm sure we will give our opinions on it.

Printers will have specific requirements as they are all slightly different sizes, find out the size first.

You should be able to work to 1/4 of the dimensions to keep the file size down, but check with the printers.

What is the purpose of it?

Alex Gilmore said:
You want to use vector for this sort of larger work (ie: Illustrator or Indesign - personally i'd go for indesign) and find out the dimensions form your printers. I think they are usually something like 2000mm (height) by 600mm (width) but you'll need to check that.
keep the design simple and straight to the point. Make sure it's legible from a distance and make the typography is nicely laid out- but remember to use high res photos (if you are going to use photos)

If you have questions or want people to critique your work, just upload it here and i'm sure we will give our opinions on it.
Thank you for the indications Alex. I thought of Indesign myself. I will use photos for this project but incorporated with my work

balders said:
Printers will have specific requirements as they are all slightly different sizes, find out the size first.

You should be able to work to 1/4 of the dimensions to keep the file size down, but check with the printers.

What is the purpose of it?
I will check with the printers. The project is for a new coffee shop and they want a little buzz. Aside for the pull up banners (they will use that for a presentation with some shereholders from what I understood) they will require some big banners, leaflets, brochures etc

ston3master said:
I will check with the printers. The project is for a new coffee shop and they want a little buzz. Aside for the pull up banners (they will use that for a presentation with some shereholders from what I understood) they will require some big banners, leaflets, brochures etc
Once you've designed it im sure if you upload on here one of us kind people will check it over for you, a few of us are doing / have done large format design for print. Also 'big banners' ie 3x3 banners or for outdoor?

Hello! A bit late to the party as always but I thought I'd chip in anyway!
Standard sizes are either 800mm or 850mm wide. Heights vary between 2m and 2150mm. Artwork needs to be 150dpi at full size, or 300dpi at half size, or indeed vector artworks as mentioned above. You need to add 200mm of bleed to the bottom of the artwork. This allows for bleed of colour as it rolls into the base. Some of the poles are telescopic and when they are set up too high if you don't add this bleed you can sometimes see the hard edge of the bottom of the artwork above the base. It also means that when it's produced it saves the printer having to add extra bleed to you artwork. :D

Back