PSA: New Creative Scotland website

not sure on the navigation either, seems like it might get a bit long winded by the time you add in more links.

The logo is kind of weird to me, I know why the shape is what it is, it's for the CS but the inner text reads as creative land scot, I'd have switched the scot and land around, same effect but reads correctly.

Agree on the navigation, if you start to scroll down within one section it's easy to end up in another section, and lose your way, get the feeling it's trying to be too clever?

Levi said:
The logo is kind of weird to me, I know why the shape is what it is, it's for the CS but the inner text reads as creative land scot, I'd have switched the scot and land around, same effect but reads correctly.

I would guess they're banking on people reading top to bottom, and then left to right, as oppose to just left to right, plus the 's' shape leading people to the 'scot' part first?

Their old logo (Scottish Art Council) was looking a bit dated/repeatitive!

Greg said:
I would guess they're banking on people reading top to bottom, and then left to right, as oppose to just left to right, plus the 's' shape leading people to the 'scot' part first?

Their old logo (Scottish Art Council) was looking a bit dated/repeatitive!
the thing is I didn't see the cs straight away and I'd bet a fair few would be like me in that respect.

I suppose we'll have to wait to see if it gets crowdsourced due to popular demand :p

I have to admit when I first saw it I didn't even see the logo and had to read your post before I went back to the page and saw it, did work out it was an S though so up on Levi, the C did have me stumped for 10 seconds or so though as I did try to work it out. :D

But whats with the changing background when the page loads????
Thats nuts I don't get the point and slows the page down, infact to me the second image loaded before the images had even finished in the content. :confused:

Back