Promotional Flyer

Yeah I am going to hot foot in round the local business parks this week and just generally hand them out to independent shops etc in town. Its leg work I know.

They cost me £60.00 to get done so I am figuring that one good job out it with some continual work is worth the effort.

Ill let you know what happens.

Businesses?
Local industrial estates?
Networking groups?
You need to go to where there are businesses.
Do your neighbours/family friends know what you do?
Give them some to hand out to their friends/family/neighbours/bosses. And hand out more than one in bigger companies. They might have different people looking after marketing/stationery/websites.
Footslog your way round industrial/business parks.

One things i have noticed... a lot of newer business parks dont have buildings with post boxes anymore! lol. Im having to take time out in the day to go around handing flyers to receptionists... :icon_Wall:

Many thanks for all the great comments. Also thanks for noticing the typos. Just testing lol! Currently reworking the whole thing to make it easier to read. I will post the end product if I ever get that far.

Have always considered the flyer route to try and drum up a bit of extra work, but never really got round to it. I had always thought that dropping them in to local wood-shops and trade shops would be an excellent way to catch sole-traders looking for stationary, van-livery and logo's to try and stand apart from the crowd.

Might not be such an good resource now that the building industry is choking on it's gable end, mind you.

We leaflet when we can and always target businesses. Always results in new clients / orders. Orders within 48 hours, after one month and after two months - pattern is always similar.

Not sure of the conversion ratio.

If you find yourself with time / make time (e.g. get up early!) it's a good ROE.

Very true re: business park / lack of post boxes!

Im off round the town on Saturday. Going to combine it with a bike ride, get fit and get business!

Put a few out the other day but as yet have had no response. Im hoping this will lead to at least one job.

Promote Intelligently

Flyers are a good way of getting in small business jobs that are most likely going to be one off's. If you manage to get some bigger clients and long lasting relationships then well done but it is probably unlikely.

To promote yourself and to bring in new business, often the best way is to evaluate your business, make sure it is communicating what you are wanting. If you are wanting to communicate to potential clients that you are a professional agency that has the capabilities of working on large scale projects then you need a logo, website etc that portrays this. Once you have this in place it is half the battle.

The other half is as to how you go about showing your capabilities to clients. Look at your local area, look at some large scale business in the area and write a list of ten companies you would like to work with. Reserach the companies to see if they have a good online and offline presence. Contact the companies and ask if they have a marketing director. Speak with whoever is in charge of the marketing decisions and ask them if they are looking for a design team to work with. Use your sale skilss here!

Once you have built a rapore with the potential client ask them if it is possible to send through some promotional material to them so that they can get an understanding of what it is you have to offer. Also ask them if they would like to set up a meeting for you to go to them and discuss what you do and how it can help them.

You are the professional so if you cannot market yourself properly how are you going to help your clients to market themselves. If you are not communicating what it is you do then why would a potential client choose you ?

Put together a decent promotional pack to send to these clients. Spend a bit of time and a bit of money in creating something outstanding. I have attached an example of a design company that produce some beautiful promotional print work. EXAMPLE - Six Aspire to do something similar.

Will be great to see your end result.

Did you know you've got a spelling mistake on your website as well? On the moving ad 'design' is spelt 'desgin'. Thought better let you know.

Hi Peter

I am new to Graphic design but have attended quite a few marketing seminars recently. They have taught me to promote the benefits (outcomes) rather than jst the services you provide. How will the client benefit from your services? i.e recognisible brand, increase in sales etc...You only have 2 seconds to grab someones attention so start by telling them how they will benefit, then let them know how, next convince them and then give them a point of action i.e. call now for....

I could be wrong, but these are the suggestions that I would make:- I think that your 3rd paragraph should be at the begining of the flyer and the fact you design for web and iphones should also be more prominent. I also think you could afford to lose quite a few of the words to make the flyer less crowded. I also find that white on black looks fantastic, but is often difficult to read. It's hard to admit that when it comes to selling your business, the copy text and content is far more important than the design.

Hope you get the results you are looking for. Good luck

Do not believe that business sourced via leaflets will be one off / small businesses. This is sooo wrong in our experience. I cannot think of an instance b2b where we did not get repeat business (and in many cases additional referals) - business size - major LSE or NASDAQ listed - to sole trader.

If you find that you do not achieve repeat business, something is very wrong in your business model.

With all that in mind I have now gone for a simple design just like the devolutiondesigns one. I like the look. I am having a few thousand printed. So will spend the next 10 years or so delivering them.

I run spell check as well. So here is hoping. :icon_tongue_smilie:

Thanks again.

Back