PROBONO - A nice project - FB Application icons/caricatures

NE14HOCKEY

Hi Everyone,

This isn't a request that I EXPECT to get a response too but someone may have some time on their hands and might just think that this could be an interesting entry to their portfolio...

I am in the process of finishing the development of a Facebook application for Field Hockey. It isn't a game but an application where players put their stats from the matches they play over the course of the season.

One thing it lacks is achievements and caricatures and is where my lack of GD abilities hit home. I have the ideas but putting them into action is not proving very fruitful.

Achievements

The things I am thinking of would be achievements for things like scoring 5/10/20 goals in a season, your team winning 5/10/15 games a season etc. Being shown 5/10/20 cards in a season, playing over 10/15/20 games in a season. These would be similar to the bowling buddies with the acheivements based on hockey sticks, balls, the cards (which in hockey are round, triangular/square with rounded corners)

Caricatures

As far as caricatures go my idea was simply to have a different caricature based on each playing position + coach, umpire and supporter. They would be in color + vectorised and big enough for possibly going on a t-shirt etc but could be shrunk and de-colorised to black and white.

As I mentioned this is a PROBONO project but if it really becomes popular then there will be some financial reward. This isn't White label and I would be happy to post articles and carry adverts on NE14HOCKEY supporting your services etc, and I'm open to other suggestions.

If anyone is interested I would love to hear your thoughts. :clap:

Kind Regards,
Simon Buckley

it sounds interesting, but would probably take alot of time to get right. Might be worth a call to your local uni's.

that's not a bad idea - but still if anyone on DF would be interested in lending a hand that would be great! I will try to do them myself but well enough said about that the better ;)

it wouldn't be too much work to do almost a mr potato head/guess who approach to this, if you follow me?

Generic head shape, a few hair styles, a few eye colours etc etc

and then they could custom them?

That might be alot less work.

expand it a bit with a 2D shirt which can be coloured accordingly for each team/umpire etc

well as yet nobody has shown any real interest in helping out - if anyone is at a lose end and fancies lending a hand - words cannot describe how absolutely awesome that would be!

So mate I've been a tad busy as of late....get Jimlad to look at it.
Send him a PM I'm sure he'll sort it for you toot sweet!.
If not I should be able to do something next week.

Back