Problems with logo for client

matthewgrocott

Hi everyone
I'm currently creating a logo for a client, and the project's turning out to be quite difficult
The client has given me an image, which they'd like me to use. The image is 72dpi, and very small
I've worked on top of the logo, and sent it back to the client as 300dpi, and they're now saying that they want the logo to be exactly the same size as the one that they sent me
I said that the reason it's not the same size,is because I've changed the dpi, but they still want me to make it smaller
Does anyone know how I can do this, or should I just say that it's not possible as I've changed the dpi?

Many thanks,
Matt

Just make the 300dpi image 72dpi again and send it back or did I miss something?
Do they just need it for web?

likely whats happened is the dimensions of the logo on the screen increased with the change to 300dpi, a display is normally 72dpi. Just send them a 72dpi version and all should be sorted

Hi guys
Thanks for the reply
I was gonna send it back as 72dpi, but when I thought this would compromise on the quality?
Thanks,
Matt

Can't you just send them a web version and a print version then? The print version is still technically the same dimensions, just at a higher resolution.
Send them a web version at the 'smaller' size, and explain why the print version will appear much bigger to them - I'm sure they will thank you later when they get things printed.

Hi Dedwardp
Thanks for the reply
I have done this,but my client seems to think that every single file I send them should be exactly the same size
I've sent them the logo as a .png file,.psd, high res, and low res. The pdf file, and the high res file are bigger than the others, and the client is trying to say that they should all be the same
I've also just had an email from the client saying that the colours are all different, when they're clearly not. They've also said that the two e's in the logo are different weights, when they aren't either
I've worked as a designer for nearly 4 years, and I've never had this problem before
I've attached the logo that I've created, so please let me know if I've done something wrong cos it's driving me mad!! lol ;))
Cheers :)

This is the logo, where according to the client, the two e's are different colours, and different sizes,lol ;)

Attachments

• Final logo(High res).jpg
    Final logo(High res).jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 23
Could it be worth sending them something like this?
logohn.jpg

Hi Dedward
Thanks for doing that :)
The client has now said that they're going to use someone else, but I'm sure you can agree that the letters aren't different in thickness, or in colour like they're trying to say,lol ;)
Thanks for your help,
Matt

This sounds like a bizarre situation to be in. It sounds like they are convinced that they're right. Maybe it's something really odd like, whatever they're using to view the file on is rendering it incorrectly, so to them it looks different? :S
They are definitely identical.

matthewgrocott said:
Hi Dedward
Thanks for doing that :)
The client has now said that they're going to use someone else, but I'm sure you can agree that the letters aren't different in thickness, or in colour like they're trying to say,lol ;)
Thanks for your help,
Matt
ah... now we're getting somewhere.... sounds more like the client doesn't want to pay (assuming you are charging here) than there being issues with the work...

Yeah, good call Levi. I would check up on their identity and make sure they don't have a sudden re-brand with your (unpaid for) design...

Thanks for this guys

The client has said that they don't want to use the logo as it 'isn't the standard they require',but that they may use me again (probably cos I gave them
a good price) but I've said that I'm not interested.Lol ;-)

Really gets me annoyed,as I love doing design work,but clients like these really put me off doing work for other people,but thanks for all your help :)

matthewgrocott said:
Really gets me annoyed,as I love doing design work,but clients like these really put me off doing work for other people,but thanks for all your help :)
Unfortunately that's life pal, you win some, you lose some. You'll have good clients who are a dream to work with and some who leave your scratching your eyes out!
Hoping for the day I'm in a position to pick out the nicest clients haha.

matthewgrocott said:
Hi Dedwardp
Thanks for the reply
I have done this,but my client seems to think that every single file I send them should be exactly the same size
I've sent them the logo as a .png file,.psd, high res, and low res. The pdf file, and the high res file are bigger than the others, and the client is trying to say that they should all be the same
I've also just had an email from the client saying that the colours are all different, when they're clearly not. They've also said that the two e's in the logo are different weights, when they aren't either
I've worked as a designer for nearly 4 years, and I've never had this problem before
I've attached the logo that I've created, so please let me know if I've done something wrong cos it's driving me mad!! lol ;))
Cheers :)
You should definitely look at putting a logo element like that together in Illustrator and not Photoshop, if I'm reading this right that is. That can then form the basis of anything else you migt want to look at with the logo.

Back