Problems with Internet Explorer

hubgraphics

I have just been finalizing a website I have created in Wordpress for a client and I was shocked to discover the difference in the way it looks when viewed on Internet Explorer, it works fine on Chrome and Firefox. I have asked a couple of people and they have said this is such a pain for designers and developers. It seems that Microsoft are just behind, I still don't know the best way around the problem and whether it is something I can do or that its just the way it is because Explorer is a b****.

What is the problem with Explorer?

Is there anything I can do?

thanks

Simon

There are serval workarounds for various browsers. Without knowing exactly what's wrong, it's hard to to direct you to a specific one.

If it was me, I'd probably just ignore Internet Explorer all together in the hopes that people will just stop using it out of necessity. I know that this isn't very professional, but then again, I am a bit of a dick :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I see what your saying I have been advised to do a couple of things but it hasn't worked and not sure what to do next, like you say hard to direct to complete solution. I did wonder whether its worth spreading the work to rebel against internet explorer, but my efforts may just fall to the ground. Thanks for the input though.

Yeah, I see what your saying I have been advised to do a couple of things but it hasn't worked and not sure what to do next, like you say hard to direct to complete solution. I did wonder whether its worth spreading the work to rebel against internet explorer, but my efforts may just fall to the ground. Thanks for the input though.

Too many IE users to rebel against or ignore it. How good is your coding? Most quirks in IE can be overcome with IE specific stylesheets (as andybdesign suggsts) or just doing things in a slightly different way. It's just part of web design. By the way, IE is not the only browser that can cause display differences. Things like form elements can be a nasty headache sometimes.

This is really helpful stuff guys thanks for the input, I will try to look at the code a bit more and try inserting this in the header. I have done a check with a validation service which has highlighted some areas as well so I will look into that.

Back