Problem PDF export with Indesign

iconcreative

I have a document with a rectangular box sitting over a picture using a drop shadow in InDesign.

I have to export the PDF as a PDF/X-1a:2001 for the printer.

However whenever I export the PDF using PDF/X-1a:2001 (compatibility Acrobat 4, 1.3) it puts a very small keyline on the picture around the shadow. This doesn't happen when you make it compatible with Acrobat 5. However it's then not PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant, so i need to find a way to stop it making this keyline while being Acrobat 4 compatible.

Any tips of how to stop this keyline?

Picture3.png

How does it print out? Is the keyline still there? Sometimes acrobat does this when you flatten schtuff, and it's just an on screen issue.

How does it print out? Is the keyline still there? Sometimes acrobat does this when you flatten schtuff, and it's just an on screen issue.

On a normal laser printer the line isn't there. I have sent a test piece to the people printing it to see how it prints out.

Generally speaking, when you flatten an artwork, there's less chance of getting such problems, however it can limit future usage of the same file. So granted you don't require further manipulations, give that a try. Provided that the print doesn't get approved, in which case, ignore me.:icon_wink:

Additionally, I've encountered problems with guides showing in pdf, ensure that they're not locked or hidden.

Alternatively, tell your printer to stop being so fussy and get on with the job instead!

It's not the printer being fussy here...the OP is simply concerned about the appearance of the key line and reassuring the client it will not appear on the finished product. And finding out if it's an issue.

Back