Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing Problems

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by wac, Dec 8, 2010.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

When I print on my home printer the blacks are coming out a dark grey/purple colour.

I am printing in RGB, the tonal values are all 0. I have changed the cartridge, cleaned the print heads 5 times and the encoder strip twice. I’m waiting for Brother tech support to get back to me but I thought I check if anyone had any ideas here first?

2. There's a colour conversion going on from RGB to CMYK. Convert your artwork to CMYK then try using the printer driver to print black as 100% K, and not using another colour to create a 'rich black'. If you can't do this simulate a dark colour by ramping up the Cyan (and maybe a touch of Yellow) in the artwork and try experimenting.

But you know you'l never get a true representation of the artwork colour from your home desktop printer!

3. wac

wac Senior Member

thanks lee but the artwork began it's life in cmyk, i converted to rbg to try and correct the error so the problems most likely in the printer.

4. Ah. Try looking at the colour rendering intent settings (perceptual, absolute/relative colorimetric and saturation). You may get a better looking print, even if it's not strictly correct.

If it didn't print right in CMYK it won't do any better from RGB IMO.