Printing flyer basics, question? thx.....

SafeandSound

Hi there, I need to make a flyer, it's going to be quite basic.

My partner is having an exhibition and I need to make a basic flyer
out of a photo (JPEG) and a few lines of text saying where and when her exhibition is.

I also need to include a .TIFF file which is a logo of the gallery.

I use on a basic level Paint.NET a bit of donatationware.

Can anyone advise a package where I can use the photo of a painting
as the background and type simple text with different fonts and sizes
on the top. Pretty basic but I am a complete novice.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

cheers

Only minor issue with Gimp is that it doesn't handle CMYK natively - you need a little plugin for that.

Scribus is OK for page layout, and you could probably do something in Inkscape too.

Hey thanks, I will look into those ones.

I just need a the photo and to write some text on it, maybe I need a white
blank section at the bottom hopefully this is not too difficult.

cheers

And I think the flyer printer has to have the CMYK which I know very little about other than what
I gleened from Wikipedia.

So I need a plug in for that too.

Depend what platform you are working under - for me working in Linux it's two commands at the command prompt. If you're Windows based, then I don't really know.

If its going to be a one off for your partner and youre not too worried about a professional finish then why not download the demo of photoshop? 30 days is long enough to learn the tools you'll need and produce a basic flyer. you never know, you may find it so useful you buy the full program.

Hi there

From your title I guess that you are going to get this flyer printed... If it is as simple as you state then why not speak to your printer - any worth their salt will knock it together in no time and they will be greatful that the artwork has arrived ready to go rather than solving any of a number of issues that could arise if you are putting it together?

Mulberry Square deal with a whole host of clients across the UK - why not email then with your enquiry on [email protected]

All the best, Craig.

Hi there

From your title I guess that you are going to get this flyer printed... If it is as simple as you state then why not speak to your printer - any worth their salt will knock it together in no time and they will be greatful that the artwork has arrived ready to go rather than solving any of a number of issues that could arise if you are putting it together?

Mulberry Square deal with a whole host of clients across the UK - why not email then with your enquiry on [email protected]

All the best, Craig.

Wise words Craig. Indeed, sounds so simple that most printers wouldn't charge much (if anything) extra for it. The other option is to get an old version of Corel which is simple to use, and once finished publish to pdf for the printer.

Back