Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More. - Don't do it!!

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by printguy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. printguy

printguy New Member - As when after your 3 years of franchise term are up and you decide you can buy print cheaper without the overpriced franchise fee, you will be pointed to a clause in the contract which stops you selling print for 12 months.

I am not talking about breaking your agreement during the term, I am talking about chosing not to extend beyond your agreed term.

This pure and simple extortion, don't renew we will effectively put you out of business.

So you need your head examined if you sign with these gangsters!

Yes moral of the story is read the small print but that's what i paid my lawyer to do is'nt it. Its their standard agreement which they will not amend you are told take it or leave it. My lawyer suggests if the agrement has run its term them this restriction is unreasonable and perhaps unenforceable I pity anyone who breaks during the term of the agreement.
  2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Where are you based?
  3. theposterprinter

theposterprinter New Member

Oh dear, that does sound like a bad situation to be in!
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Doesn't stop your mum, wife, girlfriend selling print though if you catch my drift :icon_wink:
  5. CYoung

CYoung Member

I just dont get - they're extremely overpriced on most things, presumably they just get sales from being top of google on various searches?
  6. bogfrog

bogfrog New Member

Its a good brand and i assume they make the money from the franchises. The domain looks the business and the shops i have been in have looked pretty good?

I agree its expensive but it is a one stop shop for everything so people may choose them as they can get all manner of stuff?

The like of solopress in my opinion have a better balance of price vs service.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  7. CYoung

CYoung Member

I don't doubt the brand. They have a good product range too, just some prices are way overboard and really taking people for a ride. For intsance £104 for 500 business cards is a bit excessive.
  8. bogfrog

bogfrog New Member

Where does it say that?

I have them down as £45 for 500 ss and £59 500 double sided :icon_confused:

That matt laminated 400 gsm silk board in nice solid plastic boxes. Also no VAT added at all (yet)

all the prices are pretty much as good as you can get - although i need to go through them all again and double check as i did the maths a few months ago.

Bogfrog Design & Print - Business Cards
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  9. CYoung

CYoung Member

10. bogfrog

bogfrog New Member

11. heybyrne

heybyrne Member

Wow - the dirty troll of franchises peeks it head out once again :( sorry to hear you got stung like that but hey, I think BossHog is on the right lines :icon_tongue_smilie:

I previously used quite a lot, most commonly taking advantage of their monthly offers which at times were very competitive, but agreed, overall they are overpriced.
  12. printinglocal

printinglocal New Member

I love's small print:

The Small Print

We don’t build every eventuality into the low printing prices above — we think it’s best you choose what you need — so we haven’t included artwork (which we’d love to do for you). Disk hand-holding (to make sure your file works!), carriage (You can pick up free from your local store) or VAT. Photos may not represent actual price points. Props not included.

Emmm.. basically.. the prices you see, certainly aren't the prices you pay!!