Printing card CD wallets

mrp2049

I am hoping someone can give me a recommendation on a run of 200.

I know its a very short run. I really do! The problem I have is, everybody I have spoken to in the past won't be below 500, one refused to do less than a 1000.

If this was a client, I don't know what I'd be recommending, but this is for my band!! Is it cost effective to get 500 done and throw 300 in a recycling bag?

We can get the replication done with one or two colour on a CDR on a short run, but the guy who is doing that outsources the packaging! (Two color on a CDR is a life saver, looks professional and is cheaper than glass masters)

The artwork is an adaption of the myspace:

the modern farewell on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

So it has to be full colour, which makes it even more annoying, or I am back to the drawing board with a deadline + turn around being incredibly short.

Any ideas? Can anyone do this?

hey mike, try talking to Xpress CDs. They were quite a decent price on duplication and printing etc. Try to talk to a guy called Joe :) gave me a good deal :)

Can you give us a spec, might be able o recommend some places. Paper size, stock weight, print process etc.

cheers

Ken good sir, as long as it is roughly these dimensions

5%20inch%20wallet%20(cd-dvd-cdrom).jpg

and comes out looking something like this

cd-card-wallets.jpg

I couldn't care less!

Paper size - not sure. Stock wright - as long as its above 120, who cares? :) Print process - as long as its in colour, I don't mind how its done!

I am in the lap of the gods on this one, I know short runs are a problem, so as long as it gets done, I really don't mind!

Chris, thanks I messaged them for a quote!

You must have a local digital printer & print finisher that could handle this!
Seems ideal for digital print.

I'm still in the stage where I would rather a recommendation from a friend, and sadly every recommendation I get is 500+ units.

just go the quote back from xpress! Jeez! That is a good price! What is the quality like dear boy?

quality is top notch mate :) I used them for our interactive CDroms for a congress in Dubai :) so its good enough for global stuff :) nice printing and good quality end result :D

fantabulous Mr P :D are you getting both the CD and the wallet or just the wallet printed?

I think I will get them both done with them!

The total including VAT is around £1.50/unit which is good considering the length of the run.

thats not bad Mike :) I ran 10,000 with them for about 12p per unit with a trifold CD holder full colour with the CD duplication and print graphics direct onto the CD :)

LOL well this was for a 10,000 strong medical congress :) one day you'll need 1,000,000 pressed CD's :)

HI, only just joined but noticed your frustration about short run Card Wallets. We produce just that along with digipaks, studpakds, lancing packs along with all the other standard media packaging. It is all produced in house and we supply many of the multimedia houses in the UK. Next time you are looking contact me through Untitled. Thanks Gemma!;)

Back