Printer Recommendation?

Hi all,

New here and just finding my way around.

I am a graphic designer and I have recently set up my own company doing freelance work for individuals and small businesses. It is a small concern at the moment and I find that a lot of the stuff I am designing doesn't need that many copies to be printed.

I was recently asked to design a wedding invitation and they wanted 50 copies. Many printers don't offer such low quanities and I am aware that some clients may require even less than 50.

In this case I thought it might be cheaper to buy a decent printer (nothing too fancy) and print the smaller quantities myself. I have two printers at the moment, one is a canon pixma and the other an epson workforce. I have found that these offer pretty good print quality for the price I paid for them but I would like something a little more professional.

I was looking into the brother A3 printers of the HP's higher end officejets.

Can anyone recommend a good printer that will give me clean crisp lines and text with professional looking results? I don't mind spending a few hundred pounds if it is worth it and cost effective.

Many thanks

I'd also advise using an online printing company for short orders as it can prove to be more cost effective if such print orders are an irregular occurrence for yourself. I myself use these guys here but I'd advise that you shop around to better ascertain what works for you.

I've had the same problem for years, and sometimes going down the digital route compromises on the quality, when you're talking about wedding stationery, quality can't be effected.

These guys popped up a couple of weeks ago - Marqetspace - Trade Made Smarter | Marqetspace UK - I've used them for a couple of short run litho jobs and so far so good. Prices seemed keen, so I was a little skeptical, I'll probably use them again so I'll keep you informed.

Back