Printer Ink Sources?

Jimlad

I own an Epson Stylus Photo R300. It's a smashing runner and years ago I had a regular source for reliable, exceedingly cheap (about £36 for a set of 6), yet Genuine, Epson inks. Unfortunately, to quote Withnail, "the bastard must've died!"

Now I've looked on eBay and some other online retailers, and the best price I can find for genuine inks now is about £52.99 for a full set of 6. I've also looked at Compatibles, which have served fine on occasion, but I notice the prices of those are SOOO ridiculously cheap (£3.99 for a set or even £43.99 for 72 full sets??? Madness, and obviously crap).

Ideally I'd like cheaper genuines or less-cheap compatibles. Any ideas where I could find such a thing? Unfortunately the £52.99 option is a bit above my pocket at the mo, but I don't want to put pure slurry through my equipment either.

as daft as this sounds have you checked amazon.co.uk, they're the cheapest for my canon inks, although they've gone up £10 since my last purchasing session

As daft as it sounds, I hadn't actually! There appears to be the same bizarre mix of genuine & expensive, and suspiciously cheap compatibles, and I don't want to go stupidly cheap because that's just asking for trouble in terms of print quality and reliability. I have spotted a set of InkRite cartridges for a sensible £18.99 though, and they've given me decent colours in the past. I think I'll go with that for now. Wonder what happened to the guy on eBay I used to use... Epson must've had him killed or something. Thanks Levi.

Back