Printcomparison.com

Jericho1979

Hi Guys

We have set up Print Comparison, the easiest way to find the cheapest print available in your area.

Our completely free service allows you to instantly get no obligation quotes direct from local and national printers servicing your area simply by filling out one form.

Whether you just need some new letterheads or business cards, or if you need a large brochure or catalogue run, our service will ensure you get the best possible price. Instead of having to contact suppliers individually you will receive quotes from both Litho and digital printers, saving time and money. The service is completely independent and not tied to any printers.

All you need to do is click the link below to get started. Its that simple.

Print Comparison - compare print companies local to you

Please let us know what you think, as any feed back would be good.

Cheers

I agree with Peter, from a printer's point of view it was expensive. I actually applied a few weeks ago and had a shock when I received the costs involved, being an online printer able to deliver UK wide meant that I would have to pay to receive print requests from each County, this amounted to a lot of money per month if I recall.

Unfortunately for the users sourcing print the only companies that will be able to afford to tender will be the big boys who charge lots of money and can afford the fees, those of us with small profit margins in order to supply cost effective printing just cannot afford it.

I still think you will receive a better price by searching on google, by using Minuteman Press, Scuba Print, Face Media Group or by coming to us of course > Stationery Direct Printing

You must be thinking of a different site, as we only charge a very small monthly fee for printers to sign up and charge absolutely no fee for the leads. So one monthly fee under 50 quid and that's it.

As for SEO work I am sure you all understand that takes time but we our spending a lot of time and money on it.

Nope, it's the right site.

SEO does take time and until you are ranking page one for important and well searched keywords such as...

Cheap Print
Business Card Printing
Letterhead Printing
Flyer Printing
Flyers
Leaflets
Compliment Slips
Etc...

...then £600 a year is a LOT of money, especially for one region.

For example, if you advertised on TV every night then I would pay the money no question, but you don't, as a result nobody can find you, the domain was only registered in September last year and from what I can see you don't even own the more important .co.uk version...so to charge £600 a year now when you are just starting out is unfair in my opinion.

Why not offer sellers free advertising for the first year, whilst you are still working on your SEO and getting established?

If printers are actually paying you £600 a year now then I will have a site up and running doing the same thing within 2 weeks as you must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Jericho 1979 (Russell?),

Can you also outline:

The relationship with Rhubarb Creative Solutions?

The volume of requests (average month) for print in Bristol?

Thanks

Peter

Firstly a years fee for one area is £240.00 so sorry to burst your bubble. Secondly why such hostillity we are offering a service and of course running a business, so yes we need to make money but the printers that have signed up have mostly sent back very possitive feedback. Thirdly if you have paid as much attention to our site as you say, you will know that the first six months have been free to printers to get it up and running.

Hi Peter

the connection is simple I own both businesses and thats it! No strings nothing to hide, but the businesses have nothing to do with each other to the point they are setup as two different ltd companies. As for Bristol over the last few months we have seen anywhere from 25-50 quotes a month go through the Bristol area.

Cheers

Russell, Jericho1979 or anything else you want!!! :icon_biggrin:

Hi Russell

You said the cost was under £50 per month, not me! So I presumed you charged just under £50 a month, hence the rough calculation of £600. If the price is indeed £240 for the year then that is £20 per month and considerably under £50.

I am not being hostile, just feel that any fee to be listed on a new website with hardly any online presence is not worth it. When the site is well placed online for decent search terms and becomes more popular then fair enough you should charge, but not 6 months in.

I run some directories that receive massive amounts of targetted traffic that give my advertisers lots of business, the domains have been online since 2000 and well placed on google, the fee to list for 12 months is fair and affordable at £15.00 +vat.

Good luck with it though, could prove to be very popular in the future, have you thought about offering new advertisers a 6 months free trial (even now) so they can gauge if it works for them. If I got lots of business from it over 6 months I would pay you no problem once the trial period expired.

Russell,

I completed details online and have now been sent costings:

No free six months.
One year (London) £480.
Other regions £360.
(The above two discounted prices require a one year contract)

Can you clarify the variance?

Peter

Well I have to say that the silence is deafening (and my tinnitus is mild).

I really would like some answers. I'm an interested punter and at the moment I smell scam.

Last edited:
Hi Peter

Sorry for the delay I was off ill and have only just got back to work.

Those prices are right and the reason for the greater price in London is the increase volume in quotes going through London. As you can imagine so many many more business operate in and around London and at first we thought of breaking it down to North, East, South and West London, but that would have made it four times the price for anyone who wanted to cover the whole of London. So this way you can cover the whole of London at a fraction of the cost.

Hope that helps and if you have anymore questions please let me know.

Russell

Back