Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print Settings

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by notaprofessional, May 31, 2009.

1. notaprofessional

notaprofessional New Member

Hello to all you graphic design pros!

Before I write, may I just say that I am neither a graphic designer nor do I intend to become one, I simply need some help from you pros :icon_smile:.
    I am currently desiging a magazine and I have tried to print it off but whenever I do, it leaves a around 2mm white frame at the sides and top and a 4mm blank at the bottom which means that it doesn't print off anything which I have placed at the bottom(text). I find it really confusing and I dont understand anything about the bleed and slugs. I use Indesign CS3. Also, I would be ever so grateful if you could help me out on how the settings should be for when I send it out to get printed professionally.

Thanks Guys!
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

What are you printing on? A standard office printer?

If so, most won't print all the way to the edge of the page, take a look at the following thread where a member had a similar problem...

With regards to setting up the page for commercial printing, bleed is explained here...

Hope that helps.
  3. notaprofessional

notaprofessional New Member

Hey Boss Hog,

Thanks so much, that was exactly my problem. The info about bleed is exactly what I needed!