Pricing for Logo Design

What do you think is a fair price for logo design?

• £0?-£20

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • £30-£50

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • £50-£75

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • £75-£150

Votes: 40 16.8%
  • £150-£250

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • £250-£450

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • £450 +

Votes: 37 15.5%

• Total voters
Depends who is buying. This is what I think:

250 - for an individual wanting a logo for personal project
250 - 500 for a small business
500 - 1000 for med business
1k+ for large business

Depends how many hours you're investing in it. Hate to give a quote of 250 for a bloke down the road and spend 3 months onit.

^ No problem, once they've had their £250 worth of design time, start charging them by the hour...

Personally I think it's really understanding the brief and doing your best to judge how long it will take you to complete the project and whether there's likely to be a lot of refining. I find some clients come to me with a direct brief of what they're looking for, which can reduce the research time. I've also had cases where they're very open and perhaps wanting a range of ideas. I think you can create a scale for yourself of what you're prepared to work for on both quick and more time consuming projects. I'd normally charge in the region of £150 -£450 for a logo design and if you feel your going beyond the amount initially agreed then bring it up with the client in a reasonable manner.

www.ashflint.com

The price of a logo varies from agency to agency. Pick the best UI/UX design company to get the proper estimates for logo design. In various countries the cost are different.

I think the price can be decide with 2 things.

(1) If you have a good portfolio (portfolio represent your talent) you can go for a higher price. Otherwise you have to work for low budgets.
(2) Second thing is your experience. If you have many experience and if you can prove it (I mean feedback, ratings or reviews regarding your logos) definitely you can go with a higher price.

for me, the logo is depending from the company. I first must see the company first, if the company big, so the logo is quite pricey :)

I have taken the approach of charging by the hour. One flat rate. But i'm not really a "pro designer". If I were, I would probably be charging a lot more to be perfectly honest.

Peter, I notice that you say that you charge £150-250.
Is this the Minuteman pricing structure?
I only ask because I enquired with a local Minuteman out of curiosity and they said that they would charge something like £25 for a logo design, business card design and printing of 250 of said cards. Something didn't add up.

Peter, I notice that you say that you charge £150-250.
Is this the Minuteman pricing structure?
I only ask because I enquired with a local Minuteman out of curiosity and they said that they would charge something like £25 for a logo design, business card design and printing of 250 of said cards. Something didn't add up.

Could have just been a loss-leader, more than likely a quick job for the logo, a template for the cards and onto printing. £25 for 250 cards is a pretty average price (excluding VAT). With half an hour at most on the design, they'll still turn a profit if you go with them.

For any cards I need, always go with Stationery Direct. Damon's never let me down. and their 400gsm matt cards are really good. Get a reseller account with them and you're paying even less.

Thanks Paul. I'd only enquired out of curiosity to see what local companies were charging, as our company does both design and print, but I wouldn't be happy to do it all for £25.
I presume that's how they can get away with paying pretty much minimum wage. Hard to compete with.

I work for the clients from the Middle East and the Gulf region, especially UAE, Dubai, Sharjah, Qatar, Riyadh, Muscat, Oman, and Kuwait regions. As an experienced one, I used to charge from 200 AED (45 euros) to 1000 AED (230 euros) according to the client's needs and demands. And for the Gulf Region, it is reasonable and reliable to do.

This is a long running thread. For a person just starting out doing logo designs it would be fair to charge a customer £75-£150. Then you have a competitive pricing. Being a mid-sized or large design company you could charge £450+.

Back