Premium jeans branding

kberry21

Hi Guys so i am currently designing the labels which will be attached to premium jeans brand. Im looking for ideas for what fonts to try out. Please see the screen shots of what we currently have layout wise. Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 22.05.46.jpg Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 22.05.28.jpg

The logo was designed by somebody else and there sticking with it - its basically a thin ariel i do believe?

Ive used a load of different fonts and he still wants a font which appears more premium? He is happy to purchase fonts if its the right fit so i'm not limited to just free fonts.

If you have any ideas or suggestions to the layout / fonts and how it could look more premium that would be awesome!

Thanks
K

I think it may take a little more than just a font to make the label (and subsequently the jeans) appear premium. Have you looked at what other premium denim manufacturers are doing? Go out to a department store and check out the jeans section. Is there any shift in the budget to do finishing on the label, such as embossing/debossing?

To answer your question, personally I'd go for something a bit smaller/chunkier. The light weights make the type seem weak to me.

https://dribbble.com/shots/1820794-Label-Tag-Mock?list=searches&tag=clothing_label&offset=4
https://dribbble.com/shots/1809445-T-Shirt-Label-Mock?list=searches&tag=clothing_label&offset=29
https://dribbble.com/shots/1830430-Label-Mock-Closeup?list=searches&tag=clothing_label&offset=22

Hiya, yes i have been to the department stores, including Harrods and Selfridges as there jeans studio is where the jeans will be displayed. There may be a budget for a premium finishing option however it will be more likely a uv gloss spot finish as opposed to embossing or debossing.

Thanks for the shots - these labels are not the style we are after however some of the type is nice. I will try your suggestion of a slightly smaller chunkier font.

Thanks
Kassie

Hiya,

so we have got set on a layout and we are using OSTRICH SAN BLACK AND REGULAR.

However as you can see the client likes both the MID RISE SUPER SKINNY and STYLED FOR THE INDIVIDUAL INTERPRETATION IS EVERYTHING both in bold. The only way I could really make this work was by adding a colour difference.

Are they any other solution of semi bold / bold fonts that would work with the MID RISE SUPER SKINNY ? Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 12.33.34.jpg

Hi there,

I know you said you have set on a layout but I would really of taken onboard Paul's advice above, he has provided you with some great references, that you can make your own to give more of a premium emotive.

What you have just does not look like a jeans label, let alone a premium jeans label. It reminds me more of a closed clapper board more than anything.

Regarding another solution for 'MID RISE SUPER SKINNY,' it's hard to say if this would work with your design but have you tried having the font white so that it is easily legible like the rest but outlined with no fill to differentiate itself from 'STYLED FOR THE INDIVIDUAL INTERPRETATION IS EVERYTHING.'? As I say, it may not work but you could give it a try and see what it looks like.

Or are you just ofter another suitable font with a different weight? I quite like the font you have chosen for that tbh, you could change it's weight yourself if required.

Hi Carl thanks for your imput, this is actually a waistband flasher to be precise so it fold - the white section being where it fold over the jean (lays on top) and the black stripy part is just the back which hold it together over the waist band essentially. Its not a swing ticket.

This is where we are currently at. Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 19.46.47.jpg I have managed to change his mind about using so much bold! For the design reference the black area after the white strip is what is displayed on the waist band.

Kassie

Back