Premier League All Stars - A branding exercise

davewill

Hi all,
I have just released a fictional design proposal based on the idea of the Premier League introducing an All Star Weekend as a thank you to fans. I have written the proposal and designed all of the branding, merchandise and advertising to support the event. You can read all about it here...

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Premier-League-All-Stars-Branding-Proposal/9806755

I thought some of you may find it interesting, and id love a bit of feedback too while your at it!

Hello Dave,
First of all, kudos to you for the huge amount of work you put on this project!
The two team logos–in their simplicity–work very well. In the t-shirt 3D mock-up they are way too big, but in the 2D version the size is just right. The main logo has a lot of potential. I would integrate the Barclays Premiership logo more thouroughly so that everything looks part of a whole. I am somehow missing the lion's eye.
Keep up with the good work!

I thought I'd given you some feedback on Twitter for this, but once I checked my DM's, I realised that I hadn't at all. Apparently I was being lazy.

However, my first thoughts were " :blink: holy. crap. so. much. work." And then I started digging into it more and realised that it's even more work than I first anticipated. It's quantity AND quality in one piece.
What are your plans with it? Are you pitching it off to somebody? It's got to be worth a punt! Might land something out of it? Fair enough, you might not got the Premier League all stars match, you might however get added to a list of people by FIFA or the FA? Worth considering.

Thanks for the feedback guys, its really helpful to see other designers views.
Im not too sure where to take it from here to be honest Tony, I put it together as a personal project to get some exposure online, which is something I do from time to time when I get the chance. I tweeted it around a lot last week and got a decent amount of portfolio views, but I dont want to be spamming all over twitter so Ive resisted the urge to keep going on about it!
Id love to pitch it to someone, its just knowing who/where to begin!

davewill said:
Id love to pitch it to someone, its just knowing who/where to begin!
This can't be hard to find though. Just start by emailing the FA/Fifa and seeing what happens? Tweet it to them too. They're fairly active on there. There's no point in it just sitting there (no disrespect, it looks awesome just sitting there) but you may as well throw it in front of many sets of eyes as possible!

Also, Twitter spam away. I spam a lot on Twitter, and then coincidentally, that's where I get most of my work from.

Thanks Tony, I have tried emailing FIFA in the past but had no response. As for Twitter, I often spam away when Ive had new work to show off, but in the past Ive had people having a go at me for doing it, so I try to find the balance between getting exposure and not getting on peoples nerves!

Back