Poster, its been sent off, but I would still like some opinions

mrp2049

final1copy.jpg

final2copy.jpg

I like it, I think the Blaze Bayley could be a bit clearer, but it was a bit of a rushed job!

I will admit to use of some stock vectors on this bad boy.

I prefer the first one to the second one. And I could still read the Blaze but I had to peek at your comment to find out what the second word was. :)

It's a good poster, the content is nicely layed out, but I would've considered the use of different text colors (dark shades of blue/grey that appear in the background) to distinguish one and another.

only concern...major one at that.... can't read the headline act name !
can read the support acts, but that kinda defeats the object!
Clarity...................
Never out design infront of communication - (BB Book of life - posted many times.)

Berry said:
only concern...major one at that.... can't read the headline act name !
can read the support acts, but that kinda defeats the object!
Clarity...................
Never out design infront of communication - (BB Book of life - posted many times.)
You are repeating yourself :eek:

"Never put Design in front of Communication"
"But as i keep saying... never design in front of communication"
"I never ever let design get in front of the communication."
"I always say never put design in front of communication."
"Remember BB Book of Life: Never put Design in front of Communication."

EDIT: Woops I didn't see the "posted many times" when I was posting... I was just so excited :p

Just edit it to something equally philosophical (Im pretty sure I cant spell that word)

I think that Berry's point of "never design in front of communication" is a very valid point and the more times that it is drilled into all designers brains then maybe design will be better all round :D

chrismitchell said:
I think that Berry's point of "never design in front of communication" is a very valid point and the more times that it is drilled into all designers brains then maybe design will be better all round :D
agreed.

Harry said:
Arial? Really? :(
Your kerning is off I'm afriad.

At the end of the day if he hasnt got it he cant use it.

Kerning IS out though.

My biggest concern is you've done EVERYTHING in bold/black. That was a bad move. You dont know what to read. Should have made important stuff bold, secondary stuff Reg or Light. Would have been much easier to look at too.

thanks guys, to be honest i would have posted it here for some crit, but it was totally against the clock, so not alot of room for manover.

Back