Poster in response to the word "social".

Constructive opinion, I think what you are trying to do is all well and good, but I've done alot of posters, my rule is, if it don't communicate the info clearly and looks good (in that order) you've done it wrong.

It looks alright, but you've got a bunch of geometric shapes and a tiny bit of typography, its not world beating, or life changing.

If you point is needs alot of explanation, then you are probably of the mark, considering one of your original questions was english or french, then I say french, atleast that way someone who may buy this (Berry probably not being one of them) would have a chance to explain what is going on with it.

That any help?

However personal opinion, I wouldn't buy this, or probably even stop to look at it, as it is nothing amazing and there is too much thinking involved for something that is supposed to look pretty on my wall. It would probably make great corporate wall art.

That's great help cheers, like I said I do agree with the constructive that some people have taken the time to write.

So Barry, is that 20 years experience or 1 year experience for 20 years? xx

13faces said:
That's great help cheers, like I said I do agree with the constructive that some people have taken the time to write.

So Barry, is that 20 years experience or 1 year experience for 20 years? xx

Well 2faces, it's actually 33 years continueous service, from junior to MD. About 20/25 'ish Roses Awards, 2 DA&AD Silver Awards, 1 New York Festival Award, Lost count of the number of Cream Awards and 'regional awards'. - oh yes, Judging panel of Roses, Cream half a dozen times and an ex Chairman of the Creative Circle.

Oh, and here's me getting the only ever Cream Platinum Award by Chairman of the Judges Trevor Beattie. ( if you don't know who he is, Google him)...When you rack up that many in your career, let me know and we'll have a beer.....xxxxxx

dvofvl.jpg

Well I dint mean no disrespect and I think that is how I am comming across.

So sorry for the sarky remark

But still for all this valuable experience and awards your "constructive" comments dont have any insights or fill the person your critting with other ideas . . . kind of, what would your take be on social poster?? I would actually love to know??

And that goes to anyone here???? Not sure how I got to the conclusion of that perticular mock up, but what would be the first thing that pops in your mind??? (anyone not just berry).

This is my first ever forum so not sure how it is ment to work, but this is formed a debate about personal achivements, who has the bigger ruler all that . . . and this wasnt the intention.

(so to berry, thats why I snapped because you started to talk about your experience when everyone already knows . . . ?, if im being out of order again just say)

Anyway . . . more about work and ideas and less about egos I say!!! Here Here!! :)

Haha at the pic of berry.

More importantly... criticism can only be given as is necessary, if this idea is over thought, complex, irrelevant, innapropriate, uninspiring, out of context without a description, the poster doesnt need a re-work it needs to start again. No criticism except that is constructive.

Sadly asking others opinion on their take of the word social (and what they could do for a poster) leads to them doing the competition themselves.

Social to me refers to the co-existant interaction that happens between people (and animals) and how we respond and act in the situations.

edit:

Oh and learn to read between the lines of posts criticising your work, if he says it is X Y and Z which is bad, change X Y and Z.

interesting. . .

well if you people are not to annoyed, I will rework it when I get a free second to think. . .

Finding a universal feeling would be good for this type of poster I guess..... its a tough one.

good point about asking for opinions, anyone else interested in this it is on the Dont Panic website under design a poster. Last in the series in for September sometime . . . .

Cheers, Vanya

13faces said:
but what would be the first thing that pops in your mind??? (anyone not just berry).

ants/termites/bees/wasps or any other colony/group creature.
2 or more cups of coffee
a party
workplace
a forum
facebook as said already

thats all in like 2 mins, I'm sure I would get more if I spent longer on it.

Too obscure a message, not keen on the concept.
Looks like a ms windows wallpaper with a quote on.

It's not captivating.
I like typographic posters and the less is more thing; it's a good route to have chosen.

wowser, i need a lie down after reading this thread, it was exhausting.

oh and on the topic social... i'd show a bunch of car keys in a bowl

hmm.... hasn't this thread lost some posts?

I'm sure I had another response in here and Berry was saying he was confused?

Levi said:
hmm.... hasn't this thread lost some posts?

I'm sure I had another response in here and Berry was saying he was confused?

Correct some lost posts here.... maybe my confusion has led to more confusion. I'm now confused about the confusion about the confused confusion...if that's not to confused?

Berry said:
Correct some lost posts here.... maybe my confusion has led to more confusion. I'm now confused about the confusion about the confused confusion...if that's not to confused?

did you eat them?

Back