• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Positive steps!

mrp2049

As an attempt to make me do more work and spend less time faffing on the internet I have now decided to deactivate my facebook, and let me tell you, it feels great!

I realise there is a certain degree of irony posting on a message board about wasting time on the internet, but I now have 3 places that I am allowing myself to waste time on the internet, twitter, another board and here. 2 boards that are design related, and both offer constructive criticism, so its not that wasteful.

But I love this idea of being inactive and kinda hiding away.

Now someone point me to some interesting articles on the 960 grid system!!

I did the same thing before but I found myself slipping into other time-wasting websites that really just replaced Facebook. I ended up re-activating my account after a few months, but this time I decided I was also going to use Facebook mainly as a networking tool. Going well so far and feels a little more productive.

It's a wise thing to do if you feel you're just wasting your time, even if you only end up doing a few months like I did.

Lunera

And now, you have to live 3 years without facebook, if you really want to quit it.
For the wasted time, I think whatever you do, if you want to "waste your time", you will find something else to do. It's almost automatic.
Or at least for me... maybe... When I have something to do "Oh ! computer !" and then "What about playing piano ?" then "...playing guitar ?" ... to watch tv, to go shopping etc. It's so easy to do something else. :rolleyes:

mrp2049

Its weird, I have made myself a promise, that anytime I think about checking it, I need to do something else! This is how I quit drinking. Positive substitution, its not something that has to last forever, but right now, I need to do something to give me a massive kick up the arse!

That's for the links becky!

Renniks

I don't think I could leave FB behind, too easy to keep in touch with the people who don't need a text, but mean alot to me.

If you want to splash out a few pennies, this month's .net has a section on CSS frameworks, by the creator of 960.gs :) Haven't read it yet, so I can't tell you how good it is ><

mrp2049

Hmmmm, I shall have a look when I walk past wh smiths, normally I favour grafik, computer arts or computer arts projects, I may make the change!