Portfolio

Chris Lord

I'm in need of a simple html or wordpress template that I can use as a temporary online portfolio. I will be designing my own soon but in the next couple of days I need a site to host my work - any suggestions?! I don't know how to code it myself which is why I'm temporarily opting for a template...

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the link, I've seen them before. Is there any special requirements for uploading/ installing a wordpress theme?

(excuse my ignorance!!)

Well ... I’m no expert and no web developer ... Just looked into it at one point but decided to go with building a site myself ... You have to install Wordpress. For that your server must be equipped with SQL and PHP – mine is cheap so I went the DIY-route ;) Most templates can be installed via the Wordpress GUI ... You’ll figure it out, it’s actually quite simple :)

Log into your wordpress site and go to Appearence / Themes. You can browse for a theme from that section, or search for a theme if you already know one by the name.

If you are managing your wordpress files yourself on your server, you can download a theme and move the theme folder into wp-content/themes/ then upload them to the server in this folder. Then when you login to your website and browse to Appearence / Themes you should notice the new theme is there. You can activate it.

Thanks for the input guys. I have a theme and may give it a shot later but it's still a little over my head at the moment. Hopefully all will become clear when give it a go!

It will. Think of Wordpress as MS Word. You decide the lloks (install a theme) an type a few pages – that is more or less it :)

I think I will opt for a PDF portfolio this time around but I will get around to implementing a Wordpress site, so your advice hasn't been in vain!

Back