Portfolio Website Critique

Aesthetically very nice. I like the use of the chocolate/teal colours.

My only niggle is with the use of tables for layout (a bit of a no-no) also the site has some validation errors (as per The W3C Markup Validation Service)

Other than that, keep up the good work!

(also....will your font be free when you finish it? I rather like it :D )

Hi Andy

A warm welcome to the Graphic Design Forums, good to have you here.

Get your website address in your signature and get posting :icon_biggrin:

This may be of interest to you...
Business Directory LIVE!

With regards to your website, I too like the look of the site and it seems very easy to navigate, maybe add a roll-over colour to the left handside nav though. Not delved into your code so cannot comment although I don't see why it can't be W3C compliant as it seems pretty basic, you can sort the tables issue with CSS if you really wanted to.

I also like the font you have created so let us know when it is available...
Graphic Design Resources

A nicely branded site that Andy, welcome to the forums too.

I agree with Helen the colour scheme is very nice. The only thing I'd offer as a possible improvement is to thin down the width of the site, I personally think it could look a bit better like that.

Hi Andy,

It's an excellent website.

Easy to navigate and it's clear and concise. I'm not too sure about the brown though. The blue sings too much for me. I think cream would be more subtle and work better with the brown. Nice touch with the drawing cursor!

Your work is excellent, you have a good range of quality work in your portfolio. Well done!

Greg

Back