Portfolio Site (Finally!) Updated...

I'm just going to say - the women on the background kind of look a bit like hookers to me.....not sure that's the image I'd want with my site

Steve B Graphics Portfolio - Web Design - 0208 527 2635 / 07986296435

just flicking through the screenshots of the work, but it had a massive heart attack and hid from me after clicking left twice...!

i'm running safari 5.1 on me mac.

the screenshots themselves are also very inconsistent, some are taken in internet explorer (and an old version at that), some don't show a browser at all, and some in firefox (with tabs showing your bookmarks and your that you're on Facebook too).

the "about" tab shows companies you've worked with, which is nice.

but you've listed:

arcadia group,
topman,
topshop,
miss selfridge
burton

etc.

all of the shops listed are owned by arcadia group. seems quite cheeky to me to have separated all of them.

other than that, and the yellow text on black background, it seems to get the message across :)

...thanks for the input!

...the 'slideshow' is a free dreamweaver plug-in - may haveta look into another one that loops seamlessly...

...the arcadia stuff was a few years ago - hence the older browsers in some cases - do you think the tabs showing really matter? does different browsers matter?

...i did work on the arcadia group website itself - including their 'brands' - so i thought it made sense to split them as they each have their own marketing departments.. (and it looks good!)

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if the general aesthetic is right for the kind of design work you'd want, but it may be OK for illustration... I doubt you're going to change the whole design if I don't like it so I won't bother going into it anymore.

Some of the graphic design work isn't displayed that well, I think one was squashed and I'm not keen on the changing sizes.

There are some big brands in your 'client list'. Just be careful you don't mislead people by saying that they're your clients...

red & black are the most negative colours to use together.

its a massive primeval no no and subconsciously conveys danger, not great if your trying to sell something. In fact red & white are the best colours to sell with (thats why nearly all 'sale' signs are red/white) - something to consider.

Steve B said:
...thanks for the input!

...the 'slideshow' is a free dreamweaver plug-in - may haveta look into another one that loops seamlessly...

...the arcadia stuff was a few years ago - hence the older browsers in some cases - do you think the tabs showing really matter? does different browsers matter?

...i did work on the arcadia group website itself - including their 'brands' - so i thought it made sense to split them as they each have their own marketing departments.. (and it looks good!)

free dreamweaver plug-in explains it all i guess. there are hundreds of websites that give code out/how-tos for such a thing. :)

i think the browser part is irrelevant personally, but if you are going to show them in the screenshot, at least make them consistent, just like you would a background on your website, so that the focus for your customer is the work itself.

about arcadia group, that's cool, whatever floats your boat, but to me seems a bit sneaky to list arcadia group, and then the companies that arcadia group owns.

br3n makes a nice point too.

Back