Portfolio Site Design

danialclarcke said:
My initial suggestion would be to miss the bottom horrible (sorry to be blunt) gradient. It looks a bit cheap and you do not want to ruin his image after spending all this time, the creation of a clean logo! Try a more "clean" potentially a solid color, white, gray and black tends to complement the slideshow. Personally, go with the logo of your home, a beautiful gray color that work well in my opinion.

eh? Didn't Chris just say that?
or is it me?:confused:

Am I allowed to say I think the typography on you logo looks unbalanced?

There is an uncomfortable space in the top right by the second 'L'... I am not convinced centred type is the way to go.

I like the purple and think the colour should be used for the colour palette of the site - gradients don't have to be grey/black ;)

You mention using the same font for your name on the site design as in your logo but the weights you have used are reversed - use the same weights everywhere for consistency.

Using templates is always going to make your life harder - learning to code a bit (just basic html and css, someone else can do the javascript etc if needed) is a almost a must these days. Alternatively, find a willing friend to help is good too :)

thanks for the comments guys. Nick, you are welcome to your opinion as much as the rest of us! I'll revisit the typography when I next get some free time, it is very much still a work in progress but work has got so busy lately its been put on the back burner again! Thanks for your comments tho, I really appreciate it. Id love to be able to code, i just cant find the time!

Back