Portfolio Site –

Ah working now ok ... very slick and intuitive to navigate and a nice use of flash ... I like this alot simple and clean

Hi Greg.

Very nice portfolio (both design and content). I like the different background colours, simple navigation and subtle use of Flash.

Good job! :up:

Hi Greg,

Nice site, clean, cool sharpe design. I like it.

One thing I would say is though on this page I would make the numbers bellow clickable rather than rolling over them to change the image. It just comes down to expected behavier really.

mrleesimpson said:
One thing I would say is though on this page I would make the numbers bellow clickable rather than rolling over them to change the image. It just comes down to expected behavier really.

I would agree with Lee on this point as on my first visit, with some of the smaller size images I hovered over and got the next image straight away on some of the other larger images it took a few seconds and I was wondering whether they were broken links. Could you add the loading graphic that you have in the photography section to the design section to let the user know that the image is loading perhaps?

Other than that minor point looks good, nice and clean, and the use of flash is nice, not over done in anyway. Have you thought about buying a domain name and some web hosting (relatively cheap to do) and having the site on your own domain rather than a sub-domain?

Greg

I agree with the previous two comments also, another issue with doing it like this is that when you are on the gap between two of the numbers it reverts to the default image.

On the contact page I had to search for the email address and telephone address if I was looking at your site as a potential customer I would not have searched I'd have taken one look at the contact page and gone straight to a competitors sight with those details clearly displayed.

Also on the About page at first it looked like just a page with a picture until i hovered over the image.

Just a few points I hope this come across as constructive criticism as that's how its intended.

Nathan

Thank you for all of the comments. All were very helpful and a little tweaking is definitely necessary. Maybe I will make it more apparent somehow for the users to activate the links for the contact and about pages. As for the hosting, I will probably invest in some private hosting as I start to present myself when I graduate.

Back