Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portfolio review

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by seeligo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. seeligo

seeligo New Member

Hi everyone,

I've just joined and was wondering if I could get some feedback on my portfolio...
    www.eleanorseelig.co.uk

Any constructive criticism would be great!

Thanks

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Welcome :)

A couple of things I noticed. Firstly, the 'My Flickr Pics' box is too far to the right for my liking, but that's just a designer's eye I think. Also, the images in the feed didn't seem to be too relevant to your work? New Zealand looks beautiful though, but that's not what I was there for ;)

Secondly, I wasn't sure at first how to view your portfolio. The link on the right wasn't immediately obvious and I found myself waiting for the scrolling posts to change so I could view your work. Perhaps they should link to your portfolio page as the blurb does instead of the individual posts? :)

3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

My immediate impression on following the portfolio link was that the copy on the site isn't great considering you're offering copywriting as a service: "Last winter's harsh winter ...", "... primarily for customers and but also for staff"... I'm sure it's just typos and oversights but I think people would expect a bit more attention to detail.

4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

... otherwise some nice work; some of the typography isn't to my taste but that's not to say it's inappropriate or anything.

5. seeligo

seeligo New Member

Thanks for your comments. I never seem to have enough time to concentrate on this fully. Definitely some food for thought, cheers!