Portfolio Redesign

Wee Jimmy

On a slightly creepy note, I just realised that EXACTLY this time last year, I posted a re-design of my portfolio. How wierd is that!?!

I'd just had a quick search for the last thread before posting this to have a gander at what people had said about the last design. I think I covered all bases that were mentioned.

Jim Maitland ~ Graphic Design Abergavenny

I'm currently working on the back end now that I'm happy with the general feel to come back and tweak when I'm refreshed and had some comments from your fine selves!

First thing that stands out to me is the fact I can't really read the text on the home page when the background image (it looks to) stretches out. On my 20inch display the bottom section of text is on a very white part of the image so the white text blends/disappears. Same with the headers of the links

Also what's the point of the printed media header when it doesn't link to anything.

Levi said:
First thing that stands out to me is the fact I can't really read the text on the home page when the background image (it looks to) stretches out. On my 20inch display the bottom section of text is on a very white part of the image so the white text blends/disappears. Same with the headers of the links

Also what's the point of the printed media header when it doesn't link to anything.

Just noticed that on my laptop and litterly facepalmed! Sort that out when I get back from work

On the dead link - haven't got everything on their just yet.

I think you could add a little padding around the box, it's a tad tight. I still can't see the 'links' clearly either as they're on a white spot so maybe extend the box from the text...

Also if you can maybe consider flipping the background image so the darker 'right' side is on the left as this would remove most of the blending issues

Levi said:
I think you could add a little padding around the box, it's a tad tight. I still can't see the 'links' clearly either as they're on a white spot so maybe extend the box from the text...

Also if you can maybe consider flipping the background image so the darker 'right' side is on the left as this would remove most of the blending issues

When I upped the padding on the box it just didn't look right, I'll see what it's like with the box expanded

not a great lover of brand identity reversed out on coloured background, unless the background colour is part of the brand id pallette.

Back