Portfolio Design, CnC Please

DanTomlinson

Hello Guys,

I have recently yet again done a new portfolio design and would like to know what you think and what you would change. (the 2 slightly faded texts on the navigation are just so that I know I haven't done a design for them yet)

5541183542_f2f09013a7_b.jpg

Thanks Daniel.

EDIT : Sorry about the size :/

I like the overall 'feel' of what you are working on but it does need a couple of tweaks to get it right still. two things that stand out immediately are the drop shadow on the text in the header bar, I reckon that is too much. And the menu feels a little bit inflexible if you want to expand your range of services or areas of your website in the future. You are heading for a 'design cul-de-sac' with that one.

I also assume that won't be your final 'About Me' text? I haven't met a client yet who gives a flying fudge what I get up to in my spare time! Lose that and explain why people should choose you and not what you have on your Facebook profile.

Those are just small points though, as I say I like the feel of the whole thing and what you have going on there. Good luck with it all :icon_biggrin:

Edit: Just read your intro post and seen you are 14. In which case, don't take the comment about the 'About Me' text too hard. That's exactly what I would have done at 14, but you still need to change it IMO.

Last edited:
Thank's Corrosive, I know what you mean with the limited navigation and would probably have to redesign if I wanted more pages :/ I also see what you were saying about the drop shadow in the header and will sort that and the content of the about me in a few minutes.

Thanks Daniel.

Hello Guys,

I have recently yet again done a new portfolio design and would like to know what you think and what you would change. (the 2 slightly faded texts on the navigation are just so that I know I haven't done a design for them yet)

Thanks Daniel.

EDIT : Sorry about the size :/

Hi

Two things stand out for me immediately, without taking much time I have to admit. I don't like the colour, I would have gone with a blue bar at the top not brown is it?
Also, when you say inexpensie, that means 'cheap' and I am not trying to be derogatory. I suggest you change it to something that expresses 'value for money'.
Although I'm sure you would have picked this up, you have a couple of spelling errors and that can be off putting too.
Anyway, good luck

Back