Portfolio/Copyright Question

82er

Ok so here's the scenario.

I do some website design concepts using images found on Google to mock-up how the finished site could look.

Can i display the concepts in my portfolio? I didn't know whether there was any copyright issues as they are only concepts...

Thanks in advance...

Ummm I'm nto 100% on this but could you not put a small footer saying "images are for illustration purposes only" and maybe links to where they are from?

I don't think you can do this without permission to be honest as even though they are concepts you are essentially using them for advertising purposes.

Ok so here's the scenario.

I do some website design concepts using images found on Google to mock-up how the finished site could look.

Can i display the concepts in my portfolio? I didn't know whether there was any copyright issues as they are only concepts...

Thanks in advance...

No, it infringes copyright law, you are not the owner of the image nor do you have permission from the owner to use the image, thus you cannot use the image.

Thanks for the replies - i thought that was the case. I'll just have to wait until the sites produced and the client get's istock images to replace thm.

I just wanted t get them in for a specific date soon but i'll just have to wait!

Thanks again..

Back