Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portfolio concepts

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by gcol90, Jul 23, 2014.

1. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

You do a logo for a client. They end up not using it. You like the piece and want to use it in your portfolio. Do you keep their name in the logo, or change it because they haven't used it?
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you can show it as a development piece assuming the client has allowed you to use the work in your portfolio. I'm assuming you did the chosen design too.
  3. Did you create the logo that they did end up using? If so, you can just reference it as one of the other variations.

If not, then why not just change the name of the company in the logo, stick it in your portfolio as another uni project or something. People won't care what it's for if it looks good. Might be odd if you pretend it's a real company and people search for it and can't find anything.
    Steeph likes this.
  4. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Yeah I did the one they've gone for. Just I'd rather show the other variation more so than the one they've used.
  5. Steeph

Steeph New Member

I saw in some portfolios showing the logo but with the information that the client has chosen other option, but I think it sounds a little negative...
  6. You could show us the work Gareth ;)
  7. gcol90

gcol90 Junior Member

Oh I've posted it before, it's the real estate stuff. It's just am finally getting round to doing my site and choosing which work I should showcase etc