Pointing out design flaws in public

Dave1975

During a thread with Jaz in the private forum area we started going a bit off-topic about pointing out design flaws to members of staff in public for whatever reason, so I thought it would be good to make a dedicated thread!

This doesn't have to relate to graphic design, it can be anything design related!

Jazajay said:
But no I tend to always look at eveything from a IA, or a useibility, point of view.

I was in the supermarket the other day and I actually pointed out to my other half how they could vastly improve how their shoppers find the pissing sugar better. I mean come on.

Greg said:
Don't worry I'm guilty of the same thing! Found myself explaining to staff at Subway that if someone designed their bags to open down the long side with a handle that way the subs wouldn't get ruined on your way home and the handles would hold for longer, the normal ones just break too easily! I should e-mail Subway that idea, maybe I'll get a free cookie or something lol

Jazajay said:
Yeah I know, I was with my dad, taking my kids to the zoo I think, and he lectured the women at the counter, while me and the kids slowly moved backwards, on how it would be better if the prices where stuck on the products or something, her face was just like yeah whatever, are you going to buy that sandwich or what?

So, have you ever publically pointed out an obvious design flaw?
Or just thought, they need to change that, it's sooo obvious?!

Greg

Yep - I do that. I was at Subway too, once, when I was looking at their menu on the wall. I got into reading the small print at the bottom when I spotted a spelling mistake. I was going to tell someone there but the wife stopped me, saying I was behaving like the kid who had just found the golden ticket! It was then that I took stock of the situation... and went to KFC instead! Sad.

Also, why was it that I was jumping up and down on the sofa the other week when watching the apprentice, where they had to market a breakfast cereal, shouting 'it's 5 a day, not 3 a day, stupid!!!' - anyone who saw it should know...

Lol, yeah and they called their character pants man I mean come on, what?????? lol.

I have a new 1 to add forgot all about this thread actually, the company I currently work for had a tag line, on their website, headers, footers through out the whole company, and not 1 person in the entire company noticed this spelling mistake in this 5 word line until I just had enough of looking at it and pointed it out. :mad:

Apparently the very, very little things drive me nuts I've noticed, lol, but I can so relate Dazzer. :)

Im normally pointing out at signs in shops/bars/wherever and saying "that fonts shit, they should have used *insert cool font here*" much to my girlfriends dismay, then she does buy me a creme egg to shut me up for a few minutes.

twiggy8520 said:
Im normally pointing out at signs in shops/bars/wherever and saying "that fonts shit, they should have used *insert cool font here*" much to my girlfriends dismay, then she does buy me a creme egg to shut me up for a few minutes.

this is the exact same thing that happens with me, except I get called a 'loser', nice a!:D

maybe I should do the same when she points out handbags/shoes/top/trousers/necklace/* with a "that's is nice isn't it" remark? :)

(*delete as applicable)

Yes! do that! However i shall not be held responsible if she slap/hits/shouts/pokes etc you in retaliation. :p

Yeah, last time I said "Wow, look at this shop! They have thoousands of different shoes in different shapes and sizes! Now let's go." I got a slap.

pvp20090511.gif

absolutely love PVPonline :lol: Scott Kurtz is a funny man :p

Back