Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointing out design flaws in public

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Greg, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

During a thread with Jaz in the private forum area we started going a bit off-topic about pointing out design flaws to members of staff in public for whatever reason, so I thought it would be good to make a dedicated thread!

This doesn't have to relate to graphic design, it can be anything design related!

So, have you ever publically pointed out an obvious design flaw?
    Or just thought, they need to change that, it's sooo obvious?!

2. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Well I would comment on this thread, but it looks like I already have :D
  3. Dazzer21

Dazzer21 Member

Yep - I do that. I was at Subway too, once, when I was looking at their menu on the wall. I got into reading the small print at the bottom when I spotted a spelling mistake. I was going to tell someone there but the wife stopped me, saying I was behaving like the kid who had just found the golden ticket! It was then that I took stock of the situation... and went to KFC instead! Sad.

Also, why was it that I was jumping up and down on the sofa the other week when watching the apprentice, where they had to market a breakfast cereal, shouting 'it's 5 a day, not 3 a day, stupid!!!' - anyone who saw it should know...
  4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Lol, yeah and they called their character pants man I mean come on, what?????? lol.

I have a new 1 to add forgot all about this thread actually, the company I currently work for had a tag line, on their website, headers, footers through out the whole company, and not 1 person in the entire company noticed this spelling mistake in this 5 word line until I just had enough of looking at it and pointed it out. :mad:

Apparently the very, very little things drive me nuts I've noticed, lol, but I can so relate Dazzer. :)
  5. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

Im normally pointing out at signs in shops/bars/wherever and saying "that fonts shit, they should have used *insert cool font here*" much to my girlfriends dismay, then she does buy me a creme egg to shut me up for a few minutes.
  6. dot design

dot design Member

this is the exact same thing that happens with me, except I get called a 'loser', nice a!:D
  7. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

I get called a loser as well so i wouldn't worry about it!
  8. dot design

dot design Member

maybe I should do the same when she points out handbags/shoes/top/trousers/necklace/* with a "that's is nice isn't it" remark? :)

(*delete as applicable)
  9. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

Yes! do that! However i shall not be held responsible if she slap/hits/shouts/pokes etc you in retaliation. :p
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah, last time I said "Wow, look at this shop! They have thoousands of different shoes in different shapes and sizes! Now let's go." I got a slap.
  11. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haha nice addition to the thread Scotty :)
  13. absolutely love PVPonline :lol: Scott Kurtz is a funny man :p