Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleased to make your acquaintance!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by uberbaby, Jul 28, 2010.

1. uberbaby

uberbaby Member

Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Zoe and my business is uberbaby graphic design. I offer professional freelance graphic design services for print, with the intention of expanding into web in the future. So the types of work I typically offer include the design of brand identity and logos, and promotional material such as business stationery, display banners, posters, brochures, invitations and flyers.

I am based in London but also work with clients throughout the UK remotely. I'm looking forward to meeting you and forging a strong business relationship where we can mutually exchange positive experiences and help and advice!

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hey Zoe

Glad you could make it, a warm welcome to the Graphic Design Forums. :icon_smile:

Cheers

Damon

3. uberbaby

uberbaby Member

Thanks Damon, pleased to meet you! I've been having a look around the forums and they look really helpful, I'll definitely be dropping in regularly to catch up on what's going on here...!

4. Peter_su88

Peter_su88 Member

welcome

as a recent graduate, what made you choose to be a freelancer?

5. uberbaby

uberbaby Member

Hi Peter, pleased to meet you, I actually graduated 9 years ago in History of Art, Architecture and Design. My original working background wasn't in graphic design, it came about as a career change when I realised I’d taken the wrong path! So I came to freelancing in a more unorthodox manner and had to update my skills through going back to study part-time. As a result, I didn't get the same kind of support, guidance and access to placements in studios etc as I would have done from coming out of art school, so I thought I’d just go straight for freelancing!

If you're a recent graduate, I can only suggest that you really make the most of any opportunities and support your uni gives you post-degree, it'll give you a sound base and experience from which you can choose to work for yourself or for a studio.

Thanks for reading my post, and good luck!

6. Peter_su88

Peter_su88 Member

Do you feel its hard to maintain a sustainable income being a freelancer?

because that's one of the things that worries me.

PS
    Thanks for replying

7. uberbaby

uberbaby Member

Hi, I suppose it is to a degree, I mean, what you put in you get out. It's an unfortunate but necessary part of freelancing where you'd rather spend the time doing the actual creative work but need to put in the hours to find it in the first place. So if you're willing to do that, it can be very fruitful (and also depends on the type of job and client you're doing it for!)

8. keith115

keith115 Member

Hi Zoe and welcome along to the forums, hope you enjoy.

9. uberbaby

uberbaby Member

Hi Keith, thanks for the welcome - and pleased to meet you!