Please review this site

cartoonist

Hi everyone,

Could you please take a look and review this website: eToon Cartoon Services. I'm especially interested in how you find its UX - both on desktop and mobile.

--------------------------------

eToon.com is a cartoon marketing agency featuring award-winning cartoonists from around the world. 1000s of searchable business cartoons on a variety of topics, ready to be used in newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, websites, etc. We help businesses connect with their audiences through the help of cartoons.

Thanks. I want to see if the site is user friendly enough, what the overall impression it makes to new visitors and if there’re ways to improve it.

Feedback is always good

You need to explain more about what it is actually about, if it's a crowdsourcing site I'll be deleting the thread as we don't support anything that devalues the work that designers do.

I’m a designer myself, devaluing anyone’s work is the furthest on my mind.

I apologize if I misunderstood the purpose of this forum - website design critique... if you think my request for UI/UX feedback is inappropriate, feel free to delete it.

I’m a designer myself, devaluing anyone’s work is the furthest on my mind.

I apologize if I misunderstood the purpose of this forum - website design critique... if you think my request for UI/UX feedback is inappropriate, feel free to delete it.
We get a lot of spam with links to crowdsourcing sites, often disguised within 'critique' posts, hence why I asked for more information as it wasn't very clear on the site from the quick look I took.

My eyes are not great, and the cartoons
''Our Best Selling Cartoons, Our Latest Cartoons ''
text are a struggle to read

Might help if they were bigger, maybe spill into the empty white spaces on either side.
Unless my ad blocking is hiding something already there.

I haven't been through the site properly yet, but the first thing I thought was you need to drop that carousel on the homepage. I didn't even know it was a carousel until it moved.

Replace it with a clear, static message that explains what the site is for/what problem it solves. At the moment it seems to be focussed on both people looking to buy cartoons as well as those looking to sell them which leads to a confusing message. Your main message seems to be 'sell your cartoons' whilst the rest of the content on the first page is about using them for marketing.

I'd also suggest you need to rework the copy and structure on your 'Become an author' page. You're asking for registration details before even explaining basics like how much you'll get paid, and your section about payment schedules doesn't actually tell me anything about your different payment schedules. Also the section about Item Pricing seems slightly irrelevant here? I'd explain clearly how much a seller would get from each sale i.e. 70% of $35, $75 and $150. Sell me on the benefits and process before asking me to join.

It doesn’t really matter if you’re a professional cartoonist, or just starting in this exciting career, all that matters is… your cartoons. They need to be funny.

This section feels a bit amateurish to me. I get what you're saying, but I'm sure there's a more eloquent way to say it. What's funny is subjective. I did laugh out loud at most of the ones I looked at but some didn't do it for me. Rather than needing to be "funny", perhaps they need to be… something else? Topical?

Back