Please help me designing a logo (I need ideas)

khuzaima

I work in an office as a graphics designer, although I’m an 2D animator but I’m the only graphics related guy in the office so its more of a ONE SIZE FITS ALL situation. my company is working on new product, its like an online job searching website. the name of the website is “Right Jobs”
I am assigned to design its logo and all UI stuff . the problem is, I’ve showed them so many designs but my rejected every single one, he keeps telling me to think out of the box and create something different, even after doing that, he thinks its not nice.
I would really appreciated if you folk helped me with some ideas, because to be very honest. I’m out of ideas now
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png
sob.png

It would help to see what you have done so far and we can make suggestions to improve them.

There's nothing to go on, visually, regarding the name, so you are a little limited. Telling you to think outside the
box is pretty unhelpful. You would be best to keep it simple with a nice typographical logo, I think. Barring that,
do some Googling and see what other people have done with similar companies.

It would help to see what you have done so far and we can make suggestions to improve them.

There's nothing to go on, visually, regarding the name, so you are a little limited. Telling you to think outside the
box is pretty unhelpful. You would be best to keep it simple with a nice typographical logo, I think. Barring that,
do some Googling and see what other people have done with similar companies.

Hi Wardy,

thanks for the reply first of all, I've tried typographic logos but my boss clearly mentioned that he does not want a text logo. I'm so confused the word "Right Jobs", there is nothing to show visually except a check mark or a tie or something. I'm freaking out its my probation and i'm feeling like they're probably gonna kick me out :cry:

Have you been given a brief or a mood board or even an explanation of the kind of feel that he wants?

Have you been given a brief or a mood board or even an explanation of the kind of feel that he wants?

No Sir. He says it needs to be..
1: Different and unique
2: Artistic
3: something that has a wow factor
4: it should give an elite class look

thats all what he told me last time, one time he said It sould have a 3D look as well :LOL::LOL: I made the logo in cinema4D and he was like Mehh.. no I was it to be simple :LOL::LOL:

He's not asking for much is he?! The name itself doesn't exactly smack of 'elite class' for starters.

I like the rj one that looks a bit like a link in a chain, that could be developed with very simple text.
Keep it simple and smart. If you're doing a tick, it needs to be just a subtle addition to the text.
Chain links, jigsaw pieces, magnifying glass? Try the r and j in a circle to form the basis of a magnifying glass?
Keep it simple.

As Wardy says.

Use the K.I.S.S rule (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Sounds like you've been put in a very unfair and difficult situation that is all too common.
If you don't sort it you could end up in a situation where he doesn't get what he's wanting and views you negatively for that which is his fault and you feeling that you've not done a good job which is also his fault.

It's his responsibility to give you a proper brief and to explain what he'd like, who it's targeted at, and so on.
Expecting to hand you a few generic words that describe what anyone would want from a logo just isn't good enough.
I've been in this place quite a few times and usually by an employer and not a client as clients tend to value your time more as they're paying a premium for it.

Does "I don't know what I want but I'll know when I see it" sound or feel familiar?"
You can't just keep pulling shit out of the air forever until he says "WOW!".

When I've been there I tend to pass the ball back and get them to tell me what they want by saying things like "Can you get me a bunch of examples of logos you do like and what you like about them so I know the kind of feel you're looking for?".

It gives them something to do that they feel is creative and it helps narrow down what they're looking for.
It's a technique my wife uses in class with 5 year olds but seem to work with people like this too.

Scotty pretty much summed it up.

Start by collecting logos of similiar companies and asking the boss which ones they like and don't like, ask the main question "why?"

Here Are 9 Powerful Tips For Effective Logo Design
  1. Know The Brand.
  2. Reflects Nature Of Your Business.
  3. Impression Is Crucial.
  4. Use Colors In A Planned Way.
  5. Pick Fonts Carefully.
  6. Chose The Type Of Logo.
  7. Keep It Simple.
  8. Make It Scalable.
  9. It Should Be Impressive In Colorless Version

Hope it helps.

Not a professional and complete beginner. I presume this is a recruitment agency? I was thinking in black text 'Right Jobs' with a simple tick next to it. don't over complicate it and keep it nice and clean? It could be as said above he doesn't know what he wants himself?

Back