Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help ID this font. Its from the early eighties - Not Futura

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by stickitup, Mar 30, 2012.

1. stickitup

stickitup New Member

As the title says its from the early 80's and has come from a letterhead. I need the exact font and not a similar one please. Futura is very similar but not it (the gaps in E prongs and the sloped sides of the M are different). Help please
    [​IMG]

2. stickitup

stickitup New Member

I should say it is pre computer fonts and would have been a commonly used Letteraset one (due to the date it comes from), the Military in the USA used it, if that helps. Also I tried asking one of the online font identifyers but they are throwing up newly created fonts which I know it definately isn't. And I don't really want to spend a lot of time tracing it all out in Illustrator if possible. Thanks

3. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Have you got any more letters of it... I have an 80s Letraset catalogue so I might find it!

4. stickitup

stickitup New Member

you're a star, all my Dads Letraset catalogues got chucked years ago when he retired. Hold on I'll grab a bit more and post in a minute or two

5. stickitup

stickitup New Member

[​IMG]
    Here you go

6. stickitup

stickitup New Member

the 'G' from "GROUP" is not rendered correctly, so be wary of using that to identify the typeface

7. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I can't immediately spot anything... the M, Q & R are the key letters and Antique Olive is not far off... but the O is a circle and Antique Olive is not!

Avant Garde is also not far off... Q wrong.

Sorry I can't be of more help. There were other manufacturers of "letraset' type products back then and this may well be one of them...

Stationery Direct and stickitup like this.
  8. stickitup

stickitup New Member

thanks so much for your time on this