Please critque my designs

Efexor

Hello. I have only just got back into the designing groove after many years (last time was really active was in 2006/7), so my photoshop techniques are fairly outdated.

These pieces are itended to be used as forum signitures. I would really appreciate feedback in regards to how I can improve them using 'modern' techniques.

Thanks!

Attachments

• qbd.jpg
    qbd.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 26
  • zilyana.jpg
    zilyana.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
Signatures are artwork, not designs.

Design is meant to convey the same message to everyone, artwork is personal to everyone.

If you like them then that's great. I don't have much critique on them except I personally don't like them, I don't know what they're for or what they represent.

Signatures are artwork, not designs.

Design is meant to convey the same message to everyone, artwork is personal to everyone.

If you like them then that's great. I don't have much critique on them except I personally don't like them, I don't know what they're for or what they represent.

Hi Hank, thanks for your response. Yes sorry I have a tendency to use 'design' and 'art' interchangeably, I won't make that mistake again.

Can we still get art work critiqued here, or is it soley designs?

There's nothing really to critique. The artwork is not your artwork, it's from a game, and you've successfully several images and added effects over them.

The treatment of the typography is horrendous.

But once again, if you like it then that's all that matters.

Your signatures is a personal fun project, not sure about experimental but we all start from somewhere.

You need to look at how you are going to develop your skills, should you continue creating signatures or explore something else?

Your signatures is a personal fun project, not sure about experimental but we all start from somewhere.

You need to look at how you are going to develop your skills, should you continue creating signatures or explore something else?

Hi Priyesh, thanks for your reply. Yes these were personal signitures only done to re-familiarize myself with photoshop. Signitures like these are my 'comfort zone', but my goal is to venture into logo/web design.

I will keep the forum updated on future projects.

Back