• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Please Critique

bigdave

Staff member
Before anyone comments on this, please let me direct you all to this google image search.

So.... what you've done here is pinch an image from google put a logo on it and passed it off as your own.... Bravo sir!

*EDIT*
Copyright on the original image "binary code on a surface of a planet" accredited to Yakobchuk Vasyl

Last edited:

Dave L

Unless of course it's a stock image acquired legitimately? Either way, though, you've got to wonder why you'd want feedback on someone elses work...

Aww, well actually I didn't look at it that way. Thanks for your comment. I'm new to this. Sorry if I offended any of you. I didn't mean to. I guess a picture from google doesn't deserve any critique, I'll get rid of it.

Dave L

The bigger issue is the one around half-inching copyrighted material and using it in your work (I'm assuming that's the case here - the fact you say that you acquired it through Google certainly suggests so). On top of the ethical issue of passing off other people's work as your own, you're taking a legal risk (and potentially implicating your client) and you will get tumbled in the end, as this episode demonstrates.

bigdave

Staff member
I only picked it up as a client has recently sent me the very same image to use on their website and then hit the roof when I told them I wasn't prepared to use it unless they purchased it legally.

You could perhaps try and work on how the image was originally produced and replicate it with your own twist?..