Please critique my design

PabloDesigns

Hello there,

I'm new to the forum, and I'm just looking for some general CC on my design below.
Here's some background, this design hasn't been made for a specific company, but feel it could be used and customised with brand name and slogan if required.

Many thanks

IMG_20190906_235349_072.jpg

Logos don’t work that way. You can’t design something then apply it to any number of companies. A logo is a part of a bespoke brand identity which uniquely communicates the specific culture of a company or organisation. Over time a well designed brand becomes imbued with all the emotional associations a company builds for itself. So, you see, creating something pretty and attaching to a company is never going to work and is hugely over simplistic.

As an illustration, the style has some merits, but to what end. If is not apiece of communication intended to fulfil a brief, fictitious or live, then it is art, not design.

I’d suggest using an actual brief and visually solving the problem.

What Sprout says.

Looking at the image itself, it would be far too complicated to be a viable logo anyway. Too many colours, too many gradients, too many feathers, the head is too big for
the body and the whole thing needs to be refined. Just google 'bird logo' if you're aiming for the kind of thing you'd see on a stock site.

Logos don’t work that way. You can’t design something then apply it to any number of companies. A logo is a part of a bespoke brand identity which uniquely communicates the specific culture of a company or organisation. Over time a well designed brand becomes imbued with all the emotional associations a company builds for itself. So, you see, creating something pretty and attaching to a company is never going to work and is hugely over simplistic.

As an illustration, the style has some merits, but to what end. If is not apiece of communication intended to fulfil a brief, fictitious or live, then it is art, not design.

I’d suggest using an actual brief and visually solving the problem.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Stick around. You may not always get the answers you want to hear, but they will be honest opinions, usually by those of us who’ve been doing this for more years than we’d like to admit!

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Stick around. You may not always get the answers you want to hear, but they will be honest opinions, usually by those of us who’ve been doing this for more years than we’d like to admit!
Thank you and I do appreciate the honest opinions. I definitely have a better insight into the logo making/design world. "Logos aren't just random illustrations that can be applied to a random brand" *Noted*

Thanks all, I'll get back to work!

Back