Please criticize my logo

Elvio Moura

I needed a personal logo, but there’s something I don’t get here. Looks a bit unbalanced. What do you think?

Why do you need a personal logo?

I assume the letters are y and r. If so you are correct, it does look unbalanced. Rotating 45 anti-clockwise so they the right way up would help.

I'm presuming it's EM, but it's not very clear, the M is very ambiguous. Apart from that, it's not that imbalanced.

All I will say is (from personal experience), don't waste a lot of time doing a personal mark, it's not necessary. It only matters to you, unless you are developing a brand.
What's important is your name, nice and clear, and your work.

Might be me but I thought of a Swastika. Certainly has a far right feel to me, maybe a SS feel.

It feels forced, hence the lack of readability as Wardy mentioned. Just doesn't sit right those letters together like that.

Why do you need a personal logo?

I assume the letters are y and r. If so you are correct, it does look unbalanced. Rotating 45 anti-clockwise so they the right way up would help.
I had to do some illustration pieces, so they asked me to have some personal mark.
I thought of something quite simple like this icon.
But other than that, I do not really need a personal logo.

Yes, I tried to make this icon look like an "E" and "M". I do not really care about clarity. I wanted some abstraction.

All I will say is (from personal experience), don't waste a lot of time doing a personal mark, it's not necessary. It only matters to you, unless you are developing a brand.
What's important is your name, nice and clear, and your work.
Yes, totally agree.
Wanna try this way.

Might be me but I thought of a Swastika. Certainly has a far right feel to me, maybe a SS feel.
At some point, I also had felt this "far right feel", but I thought I was overthinking. But you're right, that's reason enough to drop out the idea.

it's feeling unbalance because doesn't have a strong baseline and is asymmetric, so it's feeling like everything can fall at any moment. Whatever if you work a little more at it I am sure you will manage to make it work

Hi, In My opinion, this is like H and L and nothing like E and M. Maybe hardly you can see E but nothing to see as M. Try to work more on this two-letter ( E And M) by minimizing Them and giving them new characteristic. then work on balance and Etc. But it is a great start.

Hi, I think if you shortened the middle line of the E and aligned that to the inner corner of the right part of the m you would see the E and M. I think you have a great style!

Back