Placing designs into a real world environment

practical

Hi
Been working on a few projects recently and I think for the actual presentation I want to edit these designs into a real world environment - hanging from a wall, placed on a desk, etc. Are there any resources to access these kind of images or am I best of photographing them myself and adding them in.
Cheers
P

Hi Practical, welcome to DF.
Stuff like that's quite easy to do in PS and you can most likely grab large enough images off the web to drop them on to.
If you tell us a bit more what you mean or show an example of what you'd like to place we could maybe help more.

It's not actually creating the image in Pixelmator that I have the issue with - I was more wondering if there is a specific bank of resources or information that I don't know about.

scotty said:
you can most likely grab large enough images off the web to drop them on to.
Careful with this, you have copyright to contend with, best option is to go to somewhere like graphicriver and look at the options they have there, there are also some 'packs' that specifically for this purpose.

Levi, you're so cynical, but most likely correct. ;)
Hmm, didn't give a name did he?!

sorry fellas, you're wrong. I think its safe to say that if I was going to spam my website on forums, I'd definitely do it on a site where it was a bit more likely to get some views..
Cheers to the people that actually tried to answer my question.

Hi Practical, sorry about the response that you were given.
I use graphicriver for most of my mock up template needs, however I have found that you can find some good free ones online that come with great, realistic backgrounds. I won't be buying many more though, as I plan to start making my own soon, it's really not that hard to do!

practical said:
sorry fellas, you're wrong. I think its safe to say that if I was going to spam my website on forums, I'd definitely do it on a site where it was a bit more likely to get some views..
Cheers to the people that actually tried to answer my question.
First off, the site had enough views for you to come here for 'help', I was one of the ones helping :rolleyes: .
Considering you came back just 2 minutes after my post with an option to fulfil your needs with a link which we didn't suggest (and the site looks fairly new I might add) doesn't exactly look good does it, especially when you've only done 3 posts at that time.... not to mention the site you link to uses photoshop actions which don't work with pixelmator....

Levi said:
Careful with this, you have copyright to contend with, best option is to go to somewhere like graphicriver and look at the options they have there, there are also some 'packs' that specifically for this purpose.
Yep, Levi.
I was meaning sites like FreePix or whatever where you can get free stuff from.

Levi said:
First off, the site had enough views for you to come here for 'help', I was one of the ones helping :rolleyes: .

Considering you came back just 2 minutes after my post with an option to fulfil your needs with a link which we didn't suggest (and the site looks fairly new I might add) doesn't exactly look good does it, especially when you've only done 3 posts at that time.... not to mention the site you link to uses photoshop actions which don't work with pixelmator....
Yes, I found what I was looking for, and on the off-chance someone was looking for the same thing, I posted the link (if everyone did this it eventually leads to decreased duplicate topics, therefore less spam). I'd be willing to put money on the fact that if I hadn't posted the link I would have been criticised for not sharing information.

I'm not quite sure about your point about post count — to me the fact that I came straight to the specific forum and asked a question instead of boosting my post count in the off topic forums clearly shows me as a non-spammer.

As a footnote, this made me chuckle — http://www.designforums.co.uk/topic/9797-all-about-london-infographic/. Some actual spam being posted and everyone congratulates the poster.

Another thread derailed needlessly... Anyway I don't want this to continue any further. Maybe just ease it with the sarky comments.

Printsome has permission to put those posts up and they also offer discounts to forum members in this section, it's mutually beneficial for both parties. As a side note, their posts also had the issue of spam raised.
I think you're missing a perspective on this, yes I'm a moderator but my opinions are based on my own experiences, I'm a forum member first, moderator second. My experiences have shown that spam normally comes from low post count members, like I said you only had 3 posts and there were several contradictions (pixelmator not working with photoshop actions for one)
If the link was done in an effort to help then that's great and I hope you do stick around to join in but you have to look at it from both sides, the way your posts were done does read (at least to me) very much as a 'clever' way to highlight a particular site for seo purposes (not that it works here as we have no follow enabled).
I've seen the approach (question, get a bit of help and then 'solution' link) on other forums so it's not new, it's just less common.

I'll just leave this here
"Never assume, because when you assume, you make an ass of you and me" — Jerry Belson.
;)

I never assumed, I had a feeling and when was last time a man had feelings... we've forgotten what they mean :p

*Puts away ban hammer of rage*
Glad to see you two settled things ;)

Yeah he'll settle in fine, he gives as good as he gets, we need lively commenter's or it would get boring :)

Back