Place branding: am I flogging a dead horse?

MWCS

The beginning of the vid shows what the logo needs to convey, the end shows logo variants. As you can see, three graphic elements are an important theme.

My client is a committee who cannot agree. Is it worth persisting with three graphic elements inside the letters, or just one in the biggest "O"?

Background info....

Logo Brief:
  • Self-contained
  • Symmetrical
  • Must work alongside sister brand (same font, proportions, etc.)
  • Must reflect the architecture and convey community, green pocket parks, heritage, conservation
  • And also, creative, vibrant and dynamic - a great place to live, work & relax.
The end of this vid also shows the architecture and the pocket park, community concept:

Most of the time the logo will appear as a two-tone square with the strapline, but sometimes it will need to be an animated multicolour logo or a compact avatar.

All looks good to me. I don't have a problem with the three hearts etc as there are threes throughout anyway. Is that your only gripe, what's the client saying?

Thanks Wardy

Client is a committee and the local community has had a say after asking them to watch the videos (but only a small fraction watched the whole thing).

Many like it, possibly 52% vs 48%

Some of the negative comments:
"too many hearts"
"too teenage schoolgirl"
"not immediately readable"
"detail lost when printed small"

"doesn't say parks"

I am thinking of changing to this:

wide-with concept-icons.png

Back