Pinhole Cameras

Chris Lord

I've been looking into a few pinhole cameras recently and have decided I might buy one to play with. Originally I have been lured to a lovely wooden 6x6 from a company called Noon, but it seems the quality of results is a little more blurry than from any Zero Pinhole Camera. I think I may get a Zero 2000 6x6...

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with any of the above, or any suggestions on a good pinhole camera?

Cheers in advance

I have just tended to Google them which mostly draws me to Flickr, so if you search either Noon Pinhole or Zero Pinhole in Flickr, they'll come up with something. You'll want to buy one just as an ornament if nothing else! haha

I own two, one was this cardboard kit sort of thing, I had to put it together. It turned out pretty nice, 35mm.
The other is simply the Diana+ 120mm. I use this more as I prefer the 12-16 shots and larger film size. It takes a great pinhole picture, and even has tripod threads.

Nothing fancy though, it's still just a plastic camera.

I see that you can get different holga lenses now, like a pinhole one for about £12! Can't resist these wooden ones though!!

Chris Lord said:
I see that you can get different holga lenses now, like a pinhole one for about £12! Can't resist these wooden ones though!!

Yeah those wooden ones are really nice, really taking it back to the basics. I'll probably own one at some point, I think I own about 15 cameras as it is haha.. a bit obsessed. :D

I'm getting there, I can see it really kicking off in the next six months when I buy my own place and install a processing lab and dark room! haha

Chris Lord said:
I'm getting there, I can see it really kicking off in the next six months when I buy my own place and install a processing lab and dark room! haha
I currently develop the film myself, that's pretty simple to do, and you don't need much room. I then just scan the negs. My avatar is actually one of those scans.

I just moved, and I'd love to set up a darkroom as well. My uncle has an enlarger that he's going to sell me for pretty cheap, like $25 cheap. haha should be fun once I get it going! Will be learning from the ground up.

leelovesbikestoo said:
I haven't, but I'm interested! Do you have any online galleries?

I remember reading up about this guy a few months ago. He's got some pretty interesting shots on his website and also a few 'how to' videos etc. Might be of interest to you;
Justin Quinnell

Back